2.0

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Nov 072015

Grand Cherokee

I purchased at from Michigan auto wheel & tires (mawt) at 38190 van dyke ave, sterling heights, mi 48310 and had them mounted, balanced, and installed on my vehicle in preparation for my vacation trip. While on my trip one of the tires went flat. When I had the tire replaced, I learned that the 4 tires were not new, but were all about 5 year old and each had a patches on the sidewall. When reputable dealers have a tire that ages out of their inventory at approximately 5 years, they destroy the tire by drilling the sidewall. They pay a recycler to dispose of the tire. In my case, the tires had no sign of wear and appeared new. It appears that mawt is involved in purchasing scrap tires and repairing them, or purchasing repaired scrap tires, and selling them as new. This is a dangerous practice. I have a significant amount of additional information and documentation.

- Grosse Pointe Woods, MI, USA

Mar 232008

Grand Cherokee 4WD

Contacted Jeep to tell them of our rims that are failing, due to product deterioration and they decided to settle for half of the cost at the first call. These rims are expanding at the mag part of the wheel & separating from the rim. This is my wife's car and I might not be around if they fail & cause an accident. I don't feel I should have to pay a thousand dollars to replace rims that went bad at 22,000 miles. Keith bishop

- Mentor, OH, USA

Dec 012006

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that all four Goodyear P225/75R16 tires have developed a crack around the rim. The cracks have begun to grow larger. The dealer stated that the cracks are normal. The vehicle does not drive differently. The dot number was unknown. The current mileage is 21,000 and failure mileage was 14,000.

- Middletown, RI, USA