2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Mar 242008

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

On several occasions after I have driven my vehicle in heavy rain on wet roads or went through a car wash then parked it, when I go to leave the area it will take off (accelerate) as soon as it is in gear, my foot is not on the gas it just takes off, sometimes it will just stall after it does this other times it keeps running and I am able to control it. Fortunately I have not had an accident because of this, but it is quite a scary experience. Most recent experience was after I had been to a car wash.

- Delhi, NY, USA