2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Aug 152010

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - seat & airbag deployment sensors - check engine light came on, and took vehicle to dealer for inspection. Dealer stated that seat sensor tied to airbag deployment velocity was malfunctioning ($300 to replace). Dealer re-checked next day and found all 4 sensors malfunctioning (when 150# man sits in seat, sensors read 250# man). Now all 4 sensors need to be replaced ($1000) and fasten seatbelt light/bell sound endlessly. Dealer won't replace (out of warranty), neither will Jeep.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

May 132006

Grand Cherokee

I and one passenger were involved in a traffic accident. I was driving a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was stopped and was hit from behind and then was pushed into the car in front of me. My passenger immediately complained of her left calf hurting her. We looked to see what could have caused this pain--it was the adjustment bar located under the seat. The adjustment bar is large and sticks out from under the seat. I felt that it should not be sticking out so much. I contacted the car company (daimler-chyrsler). They had someone inspect the vehicle. They sent me a letter back stating that I did not have a problem with my air bag and sent a brochure on air bags. I never complained about the air bag. They mentioned in one sentence at the end that the adjuster bar was not damaged and operated properly. My concern is that I purchased an SUV to feel safe and the adjuster bar caused damage"?" the manufacturer failed in understanding the problem when I voiced my complaint and failed in providing a safe vehicle. The adjuster bar caused a huge bruise that was visible for 2 weeks. And still 2 and half months later there is still pain. The company should not be so quick to dismiss complaints and should actually read the complaint and understand it. The design of the adjuster bar needs to be examined as to not cause injury to others in the future.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA