2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Sep 202012

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

Like others vehicle has stalled while at low speeds. At random times, took to my mechanic and he never could duplicate the problem. Until, I took it there for an electrical problem and to check out the steering. While he was test driving the car, it stalled on him and still could never find the problem, my lights flicker on the inside, dash over head light all inside lights, at night when I have my lights on, till I turn them very low and still flickers but can't notice it as much, inside lights don't turn on at all when I try to switch them on as well. The air bag light has stayed and been on for a while, my mechanic ran a test on that as air bag is fine but light stays on. I know there where recalls so I called Chrysler and they said my car does not qualify under any of the recalls. Now my ABS and esp/bas, traction control light are on. At first they came on while I was driving when went to slow down my breaks rattled, the lights came on then went off. Now they have been on and won't turn off. And my cruise control stopped working as well same time. There seems to be nothing that comes up while running test and stuff. My car has 115756 miles on it and these problems keep happening. Also when I start it the car ideals rough and when I'm stopped at a light tried and replaced parts and still does it. I love my Jeep and would like to have these problems found out and fix I'm almost done paying it off and want to keep it but it scares me that it's could stall any moment randomly.

- Naples, FL, USA

Apr 262013

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

While driving in normal dry conditions this past evening unexpectedly all my interior gauges and dash electronics started flickering on and off to include the radio, hazard lights and everything inside. At the same time I realized I was also loosing my exterior headlights and also brake control because my car was essentially running but with no electronics. It started making a weird grinding pulsating noise that would accompany the flickering lights. This forced me to exit the road at a gas station. It then stopped and I began driving again only to have it resume shortly. Thankfully I was close to my destination and was able to shut the vehicle off for the night. This has happened occasionally in the past couple months during the day but this is my first night experience. I thought it was just a glitch but it is definitely getting worse and has become regular. The next morning I was able start and drive my vehicle to work and it repeated this behavior a couple more times. At days end I went to leave and now my Jeep won't start and hasn't for two days. All the electronics come on but when I turn the key it just clicks. I also had this problem in the past but when my mechanic looked at it he was unable to duplicate the problem.

- Mason, OH, USA

Apr 192013

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

For a few months now & without warning: The dashboard lights, tachometers, heater, and headlights flicker on/off, then go completely off. Then if applying the brakes, there is a ferocious grinding noise and loss of steering. Engine seems to slow down or not want to shift to next gear while driving. All this happens when there is flickering. Seems to happen at random but getting worse. Check engine light stays on for a day then disappears. I have video recording of these incidents. Vehicle has been checked but "nothing reports" so I am told it cannot be repaired.

- Elkton, MD, USA

Mar 182013

Grand Cherokee

While driving under completely normal conditions, several severe problems occurred simultaneously; interior dash lights started flashing on and off, vehicle started sputtering and became unresponsive when trying to accelerate, grinding sound from left front wheel accompanied the other problems further adding to the vehicle suddenly slowing down while in motion. All warning lights were lit up when flashing stopped, but then a couple of minutes later while I was trying to limp into a parking lot to get the car off the road the dash lights started wildly flashing on and off again and the car continued to be virtually unresponsive when stepping on the gas. After shutting the car off and restarting it, the esp/bas lights remained on for a couple of days, but eventually went out, but the check engine light remained on. The problem happened again on 3/29/2013 while I was driving under normal conditions. It was sudden, unexpected and scary. With the right set of circumstances, it could be devastating and extremely dangerous. Once I started doing a bit of online research, I found many Jeep forums packed full of owners with the identical model and year of my Grand Cherokee that are having the same grave issues. It is clearly very widespread for this particular vehicle, and then I found the arfc page and I was astounded at the numbers of owners of my year and model who have also had hair raising incidents who have described the exact set of problems that I have had. Chrysler cannot ignore the massive numbers of people who are reporting the same defect issues. It is well beyond the realms of coincidence, and it is too dangerous to ignore. There needs to be a national factory recall asap before somebody gets killed.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Aug 152012

Grand Cherokee

At approx. 110K miles the esb, trac and bas indication lights came on and would not turn off. The dealership checked and said that the brake pressure sensor and steering angel sensors had to be replaced.

- Rancho Palos Verdes, CA, USA