2.1

hardy worth mentioning

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Dec 122013

Grand Cherokee

The vehicle would just suddenly shutdown, I bought the vehicle used just a few days before the incident but driving to different state. Since then, it has stalled several times and I have taken it to the dealer and since there is no engine check light, dealer says they cannot find the problem. It would stall at any speed, temperature or any condition. I am afraid that it may stall at the wrong place at the wrong time. Althought it would start right away but sometimes it take 3-4 times to turn over. I hope Chrysler would find a fix for this.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Mar 252014

Grand Cherokee

TL - the contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the electric turbo warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the intake manifold swirl valves and motor needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 83,000.

- Bozeman, MT, USA

Nov 182013

Grand Cherokee

While vehicle is in motion a front dashboard lights would flash for a while and suddenly goes dark including head lights and break lights. This is not in any coorelation with weather, temperature or road conditions. This has been happening randomly and due to safety concern we no longer use the vehicle for a family trip and we do not use the vehicle at night since all electrical components goes off while it is in motion. Per online search it appears there are numerous Jeep owners experiencing the similar malfunction. This is a very serious safety issue, so why the manufacturer has not issued a recall to have this repaired?

- Morrisville, NC, USA

Dec 152012

Grand Cherokee

The engine shuts off for no apparent reason. It can happen at any time whether at a stop, or at any speed. I never know when it will shut off. When the engine shuts off, I shift to neutral, turn the ignition off and then back on and start the engine. It will not restart unless the ignition is turned off. The engine runs fine after that normally. Happens every 50-100 miles and tends to occur more often in warmer weather. There is no specific action that has occurred prior to the occurences such as filling the tank. Dealers have not been able to pinpoint the problem and no obd codes are disclosed. I estimate it has happened 200 times.

- Fenton, MI, USA

Jan 312014

Grand Cherokee

As I was driving the truck jerked real hard which almost knocked the wind out of me and I lost control of steering, speed, I was unable to start the truck. I had to make my way to the shoulder in morning traffic on the highway to put the car in park and turn the ignition off and start it over again I had to do this 2 times before it started. Proceeded to get back into traffic and it jerked again this time it stopped running and started clicking all by itself until I stopped the truck and turned it off and started it again. This is not the first time this has happened and it very dangerous and from the looks of things this is a ongoing problem with this model & year Jeep.

Jan 222014

Grand Cherokee

Car stalled while traveling on highway at 65mph with light throttle. Electrical systems stayed on, engine cut out with no warning. When the engine stopped a single alert chime sounded. The car was maneuvered to the shoulder. Placed the vehicle in park and restarted by turning off, then on. Started on first attempt. This is the first stall I have encountered after purchasing the Jeep 1 month ago. The engine has stuttered a couple of times at highway speeds with the alert chime sounding once each time, but the engine restarted within a second and continued going.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Sep 062007

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the engine warning lamp was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times but the technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for a second opinion, who determined that the vehicle had developed a crack at the exhaust crossover on the junction of the two pipes. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 5,000 and the current mileage was 135,000. Updated 02/19/14 updated 02/19/2014

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA

Jan 062014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while driving 75 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The contact did not take the vehicle to the dealer or mechanic for a diagnostic test. The failure mileage was 82,000.

- Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA

Dec 292013

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Same description as many other consumers. Slow, rough acceleration at all times. Very difficult to accelerate especially when entering freeway. Need to pull over on ramp and turn off vehicle in hopes that restart will help. Vehicle will stall while driving on freeway. Just completely shuts down. Very dangerous for driver and those around driver. Have to attempt to get to side of road and turn off vehicle and hope that upon restart vehicle will improve. Too many complaints over the years have gone unheeded and an immediate recall needs to be done before serious injuries or deaths occur.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Dec 192013

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

I had been driving for maybe 8 minutes at 55 mph when suddenly the vehicle jumped, stalled and lost power. After gliding to the side of the road, I made 3 attempts to restart in park. It would not restart. After waiting several minutes the car did restart. All of this while people are passing at 60 mph on a two lane road!! the vehicle is not registering any codes!!

- Hebron, IN, USA

Dec 102013

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

The truck is a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Once again as I was driving my vehicle shut down (jerked real hard) and I lost all driving capability etc power steering, speed control..... I was driving on the freeway when my Jeep shut down it was during morning rush hour traffic. It was hard for me to glide over to the shoulder when everyone around you is going 60 mph and you have no power steering. When I was able to get to the shoulder I placed the Jeep in park and turned the vehicle off and removed the key and put the key back in and it started right up. This has been happening everyday now and why searching the internet I've ran across on here and elsewhere that I am not the only one having problems like this with my year and make. It is really dangerous and im surprised there hasn't been a recall yet or a terrible possible fatal accident due to the vehicle being non responsive in fast heavy traffic. This engine shut off without warning. I've noticed this happens when it is real cold outside.

- Springq, TX, USA

Sep 022013

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that after shifting into drive, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The vehicle was able to be restarted. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer for a diagnostic test, which determined that the electronic control module was defective. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Fishersville , VA, USA

Nov 112013

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

While I am driving my Jeep will buck and shut down. I then had to make my way over to the side of the road on the highway while cars are going 65mph or greater and my speed is slowing down. When I was able to pull over and stop. I had to remove the key and place the car in park before it would start. The first few times I tried while in neutral and moving to the side of the highway it would just continue to click and keep clicking. This has been happening several times a day now and my route to work is 95% highway. It is scary that someone might hit me and cause a terrible accident. I noticed this has happened to several Jeep around the world with the same issue. I noticed a recall for the Jeep going into neutral but nothing about this major issue about the car bucking and stalling while driving. I noticed my Jeep had its ignition switch changed out some time ago also. I wonder if he had problems before he traded. I have no other car to drive or I would and I have spent over $500 trying to find out what the issue is. Please start investigating before someone gets hurt.

Nov 072013

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

The car was a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Once again as I was driving my vehicle shut down (jerked real hard) and I lost all driving capability etc power steering, speed control..... I was driving on the freeway when my Jeep shut down it was during morning rush hour traffic. It was hard for me to glide over to the shoulder when everyone around you is going 60 mph and you have no power steering. When I was able to get to the shoulder I placed the Jeep in park and turned the vehicle off and removed the key and put the key back in and it started right up. This has been happening everyday now and why searching the internet I've ran across on here and elsewhere that I am not the only one having problems like this with my year and make. It is really dangerous and im surprised there hasn't been a recall yet or a terrible possible fatal accident due to the vehicle being non responsive in fast heavy traffic. This engine shut off without warning. I'm getting tired of going to different shops and no one knows what is wrong. Apparently Jeep has made a bad truck since this is a wide spread problem around the world for this year and model.

Nov 012013

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

As I was driving my car jerked real hard and all my dash lights came on and my ability to drive my car was useless. My Jeep slowed down on the freeway during morning rush hour traffic almost causing several accidents. As I was trying to restart my Jeep it just keep making a clicking noise and wouldn't stop. I had to pull the key from the ignition and reinsert the key and try to start the Jeep. After 3 tries it started and I went to drive off and as I was accelerating my Jeep did it again finally it stayed on and I was able to drive to a safe location. My Jeep sounded real strange not like normal. This is the 7 th or 8th time this has happened since I had my Jeep not even a year to date.

Jul 222013

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the vehicle was pulling abnormally. In addition, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was restarted but the failure recurred while the contact was sitting at a traffic stop. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the mechanic was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 103,000.

- Elgin, IL, USA

Oct 242013

Sep 122012

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that they could not diagnose the cause of failure. The vehicle was no repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- North Kingstown, RI, USA

Aug 202013

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact mentioned that after the vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign id number: 13V175000 (electrical system, power train), the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 12,821. Updated 10/17/13 the consumer stated the vehicle would not start and all lost all power. The vehicle was jump started. The consumer believed the vehicle failure, was due to the recall that was performed on the vehicle.

- Riverdale, MD, USA

Jun 122013

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

Vehicle has intermittent stalling issue. Has happened four times in the 1500 miles I have owned the vehicle. 3 occasions have been at idle and once on the highway at 65 mph. No codes are logged, no check engine or malfunction lights come on. It always restarts immediately after shut down.

- Spencer, WV, USA