2.2

hardy worth mentioning

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 022013

Grand Cherokee

TL-the contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that after shifting into drive, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The vehicle was able to be restarted. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer for a diagnostic test, which determined that the electronic control module was defective. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 70,000. Kmj

- Fishersville , VA, USA

Nov 112013

Grand Cherokee

While I am driving my Jeep will buck and shut down. I then had to make my way over to the side of the road on the highway while cars are going 65mph or greater and my speed is slowing down. When I was able to pull over and stop. I had to remove the key and place the car in park before it would start. The first few times I tried while in netural and moving to the side of the highway it would just continue to click and keep clicking. This has been happening several times a day now and my route to work is 95% highway. It is scary that someone might hit me and cause a terrible accident. I noticed this has happened to several Jeep around the world with the same issue. I noticed a recall for the Jeep going into netural but nothing about this major issue about the car bucking and stalling while driving. I noticed my Jeep had its ignition switch changed out some time ago also. I wonder if he had problems before he traded. I have no other car to drive or I would and I have spent over $500 trying to find out what the issue is. Please start investigating before someone gets hurt

Nov 072013

Grand Cherokee

The car was a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Once again as I was driving my vehicle shut down (jerked real hard) and I lost all driving capability etc power steering, speed control..... I was driving on the freeway when my Jeep shut down it was during morning rush hour traffic. It was hard for me to glide over to the shoulder when everyone around you is going 60 mph and you have no power steering. When I was able to get to the shoulder I placed the Jeep in park and turned the vehicle off and removed the key and put the key back in and it started right up. This has been happening everyday now and why searching the internet ive ran across on here and elsewhere that I am not the only one having problems like this with my year and make. It is really dangerous and im surprised there hasn't been a recall yet or a terrible possible fatal accident due to the vehicle being non responsive in fast heavy traffic. This engine shut off without warning. I'm getting tired of going to different shops and no one knows what is wrong. Apparently Jeep has made a bad truck since this is a wide spread problem around the world for this year and model.

Nov 012013

Grand Cherokee

As I was driving my car jerked real hard and all my dash lights came on and my ability to drive my car was useless. My Jeep slowed down on the freeway during morning rush hour traffic almost causing several accidents. As I was trying to restart my Jeep it just keep making a clicking noise and wouldn't stop. I had to pull the key from the ignition and reinsert the key and try to start the Jeep. After 3 trys it started and I went to drive off and as I was accelerating my Jeep did it again finally it stayed on and I was able to drive to a safe location. My Jeep sounded real strange not like normal. This is the 7 th or 8th time this has happened since I had my Jeep not even a year to date.

Jul 222013

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the vehicle was pulling abnormally. In addition, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was restarted but the failure recurred while the contact was sitting at a traffic stop. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the mechanic was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 103,000.

- Elgin, IL, USA

Oct 242013

Sep 122012

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that they could not diagnose the cause of failure. The vehicle was no repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- North Kingstown, RI, USA

Aug 202013

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact mentioned that after the vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign id number: 13V175000 (electrical system, power train), the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 12,821. Updated 10/17/13 the consumer stated the vehicle would not start and all lost all power. The vehicle was jump started. The consumer believed the vehicle failure, was due to the recall that was performed on the vehicle.

- Riverdale, MD, USA

Jun 122013

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

Vehicle has intermittent stalling issue. Has happened four times in the 1500 miles I have owned the vehicle. 3 occasions have been at idle and once on the highway at 65 mph. No codes are logged, no check engine or malfunction lights come on. It always restarts immediately after shut down.

- Spencer, WV, USA

Dec 282012

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

While driving the transmission will slip into neutral and revs high, all gears high-light on the dash board, and this happens at multiple speeds many different times" there have been several times this has almost caused my husband and I to have an accident. I was told by the dealership that a recall has been issued and to wait until notified??" this is not something to take lightly and having almost been in accident(s) I feel this needs immediate attention.

- Southgate, MI, USA

Mar 092013

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that smoke emitted from under the hood while driving. The vehicle was towed to the dealer to be inspected. The failure was located at the radiator fan. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 72,000.

- Orem, UT, USA

Mar 112013

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

First my rear window light would come on during cold weather and would stay on this happened at 35,000 miles. Then my directional stopped working had fixed it had something to do with inside the steering column. This happened at 82,000 miles. Then a few weeks later drove myself to the drs when I came out my Jeep wouldn't start. All the interior lights, radio, directional, windows worked but when I turn it on I hear a click then nothing else. Car wont turn over at all. I waited about an hour of trying before it decided to work and turn over. I then proceeded to drive 5 min stopped at a gas station for gas, when I shut it off and tried turning back on same thing happened. I waited about 45 min before it would start back up. Then no problems for 5 days. Now again its doing the same thing except I left it over night and it still wont start. I called Chrysler after looking online and seeing a lot of people with complaints that were the same as mine except these people spent thousands trying to fix and replace everything yet still no luck they continue having this problem. So this is a very well known problem with Jeep and even after bringing to Jeep dealer and having a diagnostics done with no problems showing up. They don't know what's wrong suggested replacing wires, starter, something in the steering column, and some module. I don't want to dump tons of money in it like everyone else just to have the same problem. Chrysler apologized and said there is no recall for my vehicle. I stated it is a known problem and there should be. She then went on to say I should have it towed back to Jeep for another diagnostic. It works when it wants to work and has left me and my 4 yr old stranded. It seems like anytime there's a problem with my Jeep and everyone else's its always during cold winter months. Frustrated and stranded.

- Haverhill, MA, USA

Mar 052008

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. The contact stated that while driving 15 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the electronic control module (ECM) was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure but did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in any recalls. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 3,000 and the current mileage was 55,800.

- Newark , DE, USA

Feb 272013

Grand Cherokee

While driving the vehicle the engine will randomly shut off (stall), this occurs at any speed and any driving condition, occasionally it will be very difficult to restart, taking multiple tries. This is extremely dangerous especially when turning corners or coming off the freeway and merging into traffic. Was almost rear ended when truck stalled and would not start I even put in neutral with no help and it just kept jumping.

Jun 012011

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

I purchased the vehicle at the end of May 2012 engine light was on and had a due bill for work to be done, stalling was 1 of the issues. Got it back with no check engine light on, but still stalled whenever hot or cold driving or in park. Has been in and out of the shop for almost a year and it still stalls, Jeep tech's cant figure it out. Dies sometimes 3-4 times a day and once in awhile not at all, but on average 3-5 times a week, never throws a code or check engine light just dies like if I turn the key off. I have to stop or pull over put it in park turn the key all the way off and then restart, runs fine till the next stall which might be in a few minutes, hours or the next day!! very frustrated and don't feel safe at all!!about 3000 dollars of work has been done and still stalls. Next thing to do Jeep tech says replace wiring harness 2000 dollars..haven't done that yet hopefully something else can be done!!! PCM and plugs have been replace by Jeep tech's among other things tried and it still stalls!

- Erlanger, KY, USA

Feb 282012

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

Vehicle stalls when idling at red lights and occasionally shuts down suddenly at highway speeds. Apparently this is a common problem with this vehicle with the hemi V8 engine and it is a serious and potentially dangerous matter. There is an entire thread about this at www.jeepforum.com/forum/F67/2007-Jeep-grand-Cherokee-overland-stalling-problem-1147825/.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Apr 112012

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

Vehicle just randomly stalls, shuts off as if the key was turned off and on quickly. Sometimes this happens when driving at highway speeds or when going slow around a turn or making any turns, this is very dangerous because of the loss of power steering and its very difficult to steer when it stalls. This will also happen when idling in park or when sitting at stoplights.

- Uniontown, PA, USA

Feb 052013

Grand Cherokee

Driving down the road the car will not go over 45 mph. The only way to quick fix the problem is to turn the car off then back on then it will run normal. Also the car has stalled out when I was turning down the road and would not go until I put the car in park then put it back in drive.

- Great Falls, MT, USA

Mar 182012

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

Vehicle stall out at various speeds, or when idling stationary. Comes on without warning. Seems these stalling problems are common with 5.7 hemi Jeep Grand Cherokee, even according to the dealer. This is a serious safety hazard as power steering and brakes are lost during a stall. An inoperative vehicle in a traffic lane could suffer a rear-end collision from this condition. Please help by ordering a recall from Chrysler company to remedy the problem. Nothing seems to remedy the situation and it keeps occurring.

- Havre De Grace, MD, USA

Jan 042013

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

Driving down road and engine stalled. Loss of power steering and power brakes. Caused car behind me to slam on brakes to avoid getting hit. Put in neutral and tried to start. Had to switch ignition off before engine would start. Stalls at random without any engine malfunction lamps. Hazard to be driving on road. Problem still unknown and vehicle is out of extended warranty by five thousand miles.

- Gaston, SC, USA