2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jan 152010

Grand Cherokee

I recently purchased a newer model used vehicle that has started to present some serious concerns that the dealership where I purchased it cannot figure out the problem and discounts my complaint. My vehicle's motor acts as if is going to stall on take off from a stop position. I have attempted on 3 separate occasions to have the problem serviced by the dealership's service department; however, the dealership tells me they have no concerns with the vehicle. Although the problem is not presenting itself when I bring it to the dealership, it is happening more often now than in the beginning of the vehicle's purchase that I know the problem is escalating. I cannot figure out what "triggers" this event except that when it does happen, my two young children are in the vehicle. A new issue also has presented itself. On July 4, as we were traveling down a narrow road aligned by trees, the vehicle down shifted so hard it cause the vehicle to accelerate and forcibly jerk; however, we immediately regained control of the vehicle. My ABS, esp and bas lights are displayed and I have an appointment with the dealership to have this serviced for Tuesday, July 6, at which tme I will also ask them to perform another inspection/service my stalling motor issue as well as the new accelerating/jerking issue.

- Pace, FL, USA