4.2

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jan 122016

Grand Cherokee

Passenger side headlamp does not come on in daytime. At dusk, when the sensor turns on brighter lamps; this passenger side headlamp works. At time, when raining or when I want to be seen, I will manually turn on both headlights. Now the passenger side light will not come on during the day; however it will come on with the automatic dusk feature. I see many "one-sided" daytime running headlamps in the newer model Jeep prior to the new led rope lighting headlamp feature implemented in 2014. The auto dealer will happily replace the ballast and assembly for $500. In my mind, this is a defect known to the maker which is why a new type of lighting was implemented. It worked fine until several months ago. Even thought it's just annoying; it doesn't seem right. It was suggested I check in with this website to see if there are other complaints.

- Princeton, MN, USA

Dec 012014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V631000 (electrical system, visibility) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The dealer stated that the parts were not available for repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the delay. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Washington Dc , DC, USA

Jan 032013

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

Jeep has an issue with my 2013 Jeep Cherokee, wherein the electrical system fails, headlight(s) turn off and other systems (radio/nav) reboot. I on my fifth attempted fix for the same issue. Car is still in shop (I am in my third week of a rental). Obviously, headlights that go out on their own (and stay out) is a significant safety issue -- it's more than an annoyance. I have been warned by police already, but safety of myself and others is the larger issue.

- Raleigh, NC, USA