7.9

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

May 232016

Grand Cherokee

Michelin latitude tour tires size 265/60R18 original equipment mounted on a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. At 20,000 miles all four tires are experiencing tread separation and chunks of tread falling out. Tires need to be replaced

- Seaford, NY, USA

Mar 122014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V115000 (equipment, tires); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Lee, MA, USA

Sep 222014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V115000 (equipment, tires) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Swansea, MA, USA

Apr 292015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V115000 (equipment, tires); however, the parts needed to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced the failure. Updated 09/14/15

- Mcdonna, GA, USA

Feb 052015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V391000 (electrical system), 14V634000 (electrical system), and 14V115000 (equipment and tires). The contact stated that the parts were not available for several months. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was notified of the delay. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Jun 022014

Grand Cherokee

Purchased this car, a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee, in Sept 2012 brand new from the dealer. It came equipped with Michelin latitude tour tires (P265/60/R18). I have only driven this car around town and have never done any off road driving. At about 20,000 miles, I noticed that the left front tire was nearly bald. The other tires were worn as well but not as bad as the left front tire. I brought this to the attention of the dealership where I purchased the car. After testing, they determined that the alignment was perfect and the air pressure in the tires was perfect. They had no explanation as to why the left front tire is nearly bald. They told me to contact Michelin tires. I contacted Michelin and they instructed me to take the car to an official Michelin tire distributor and have the tires inspected. The inspector told me the tires are worn all around but he had no explanation as to why the left front tire is nearly bald. He said the Michelin tires have a high percentage of silicon and they are subject to road heat. He went on to say that even if he filled out the substantial amount of paperwork that Michelin requires, it was not likely I would get much if any money from Michelin. I then checked the NHTSA website and found that "some" of the Michelin latitude tour tires (P265/60/R18) had been recalled. I am registering this complaint because I believe all of these tires are defective and the NHTSA needs to do a comprehensive investigation before people get in accidents.

- Silver Bay, NY, USA

May 132013

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

Ran over small piece of metal in the sidewall of my Michelin latitude touring P265/60 R18 tire and punctured large hole in the tire. Had to order another one dealer allen samuels East Texas Dodge in tyler tx said there was no warranty cost me about $300 to replace the tire. Now I have been noticing that the tire I replaced as well as my other tires are slick and almost thread bare I only have 18,000 miles on these tires. I know there has been a recall on these what do I need to do to get them replaced by the tire manufacturer? I am worried about my safety as well as my passengers in the vehicle.

- Palestine, TX, USA

Oct 292012

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Goodyear fortera P245 70/ R17 tires.. the contact was traveling 55 mph when the tire pressure monitoring light illuminated on the vehicle and shortly there after the rear passenger tire blew out. The contact stated that the tread split on the tire. The contact stated the dealer replaced the tire. The failure mileage was 1,351 and the current mileage was 1,391.

- Corpu Cristi, TX, USA