CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 (and 2015) Jeep Grand Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.

We are keeping an eye on things but the 2014 Grand Cherokee doesn't look like a good model year compared to past years.

6.7

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jul 202016

Grand Cherokee

The leather on my dashboard is coming loose and I'm concerned that it will block my windshield defrosters and create a safety issue with visibility.

- North East, MD, USA

Aug 062016

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While the vehicle was parked, the rear window exploded independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the rear window needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 43,300. The VIN was unavailable.

- White House, TN, USA

Jan 112016

Grand Cherokee

On 1/11/2016 after a got into my Grand Cherokee in grand rapids winter with temp 12 F. I noticed what like streaks on the front windshield, initially I thought it's streaks of ice that did not go away even when flushed by wipers, and while I was driving I was hearing cracking sound and more of these line appearing on the windshield in different locations. Next day I have taken these to the agent but the service man stated that these are only scratches and can not be cracking and tried to doubt my story. The Jeep was less than 16 months since we leased it from the dealer.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Aug 142015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V393000 (structure) and 15V509000 (visibility); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Portland, CT, USA

Dec 162015

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 172015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V509000 (visibility) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 03/16/16

- Port Charlotte, FL, USA

Oct 132015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V509000 (visibility) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- New Philadelphia, PA, USA

Apr 282014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while driving at 40 mph, there was a complete loss of power. The failure occurred on two occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but was unable to be diagnosed. The contact mentioned that the vehicle had the transmission replaced prior to the failure. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V393000(structure) and 15V509000 (visibility) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 48,000. Parts distribution disconnect. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Washington, NJ, USA

Aug 152015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V509000 (visibility); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Jupiper, FL, USA

Oct 082015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V509000 (visibility) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- New York, NY, USA

Aug 012014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

I have been leasing a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee for roughly ten months. Throughout that time, I have been notified at least three times of active safety recall notices for my vehicle. My vehicle shows computer modules broken which as a result has disabled my air bags. In addition, my vehicle has a safety recall for a brake booster and now an inoperative vanity lamp which may cause a fire. My vehicle is entirely and completely unsafe to drive and Chrysler Jeep is not taking the appropriate immediate action to rectify this event. I am being forced to drive a vehicle with possibly deteriorated brakes, and disabled air bags.

- Washington, DC, USA

Nov 082013

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

The headlights retain moisture or ice on the interior areas for extended periods of time while driving and parked. This definitely blocks the light transmission through to the exterior for proper and safe driving vision. This has happened many times since the November incident and I have reported to Chrysler and the dealership, gandrud in green bay wi, every time and documented each with pictures of the exact problem. The dealer has performed the silly test that Chrysler requires: Having the vehicle sit indoors heated for 20 minutes so see it the water clears. Mine did not totally clear at all however the dealer said it was within the "guidelines" of being ok by Chrysler's rules. This is ridiculous. I just purchased a highly priced vehicle and I should leave it sit in a heated garage so the lights work! I do believe cars are meant to be driven on the road in the day and night. Chrysler certainly does not care about the safety of the customer who works hard to pay for this machine that is very faulty. I have always owned a Jeep and am very disappointed in this safety issue. It must be resolved and I will keep at this until it is. I know many others have had this problem as seen on the internet. The second visibility issue is the wipers and the way the windshield defrosts. The wipers are placed so that the ice or snow when driving stays frozen and is not heated to defrost properly. I have replaced the wipers after only driving for a few days in winter weather! I could not see. That helped some but not the defrost problem as stated. It is also very hard to remove the snow and ice from the front area under the wipers. My old 1999 Jeep had none of these problems. My grandson is still driving it. Perhaps I should ask to borrow it. Certainly Chrysler engineers can do better than this.

- Washington Island, WI, USA

Sep 112013

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

The side mirrors completely block my vision on both sides. When pulling up to a stop sign I cannot see a vehicle or pedestrian to the right or left when in line with the mirrors. The mirrors are too big.

- Homestead, FL, USA