CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 (and 2015) Jeep Grand Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.

We are keeping an eye on things but the 2014 Grand Cherokee doesn't look like a good model year compared to past years.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 8 of 10)

Jun 202014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

I received a safety recall notice for a brake defect on my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Notice informed me to make an appointment for repair with my dealer. I made the appointment assuming it was for repair as the notice stated. When I took my Jeep in I was informed the appointment was for inspection only that the part was not available for repair and did not have an estimate on when the part would be available. A safety recall means there is a defective part on the vehicle that if not repaired could case an accident and possible death. So everyone who drives a vehicle covered by the recall puts their life in danger everytime they get behind the wheel. The only purpose this recall has served is to warn people that they are operating a vehicle that they may lose their life in. Good job Chrysler !!!

- Lamar, SC, USA

Jul 102014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl Diesel

After purchasing the vehicle I started the first leg of a 2000 mile road trip comprising of highway and winding rural roads. During a winding mountainous section of the journey I started to smell something I thought to be possibly a fbrush fire or something burning in the locale I was driving through. Later during another section of stop and go driving I started to smell it again, and noticed some brake fade as well. For the remainder of this leg of the trip I used the paddle shifters to reduce my brake use. Upon a fuel stop before ending the day's travel, I noticed a thick layer of grease coating the inside of the front left wheel. I did a internet search to see if this was a known issue to find several other owners have had the same issue. I have scheduled an appointment at a Jeep dealer for service. Hopefully Jeep can remedy this seemingly common problem.

- Salem, OR, USA

Jun 122014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign id number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). The dealer was not able to indicate when the part would become available. The manufacturer was also contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Converse, TX, USA

Jul 092014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

I was driving approx 30mph on a surface street and attempted to brake as a moved into a left turn lane. The brakes did not respond to touch and my foot nearly went to the floor. The Jeep decelerated to almost a stop until I briefly reaccelerated to approx 5mph (because I was stunned and thought there was no way that the brakes had failed on a brand new vehicle) and attempted to brake again but my foot nearly went to the floor again without a brake response. The power brakes were definitely not working, and the braking power with my foot nearly to the floor was incredibly unresponsive. I coasted into a parking lot, hit the roadside assistance button in my Jeep, and the vehicle was towed to the nearest dealership for repair. Even the tow driver noted how unresponsive the brakes were as he loaded the vehicle on the truck. The service advisor at the dealership called a few hours later to tell me that this incident happened because the Jeep's "master cylinder failed" and that "the parts are on national backorder" and "the parts are being built." He said my Jeep is the first 2014 that this has happened to and advised that I would be in the loaner rental car for a minimum of one week while they await the parts to repair the Jeep.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Jun 262014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while depressing the brake pedal, it traveled to the floorboard and there was an abnormal noise coming from the brakes. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign id number: 14V154000 (service brakes, hydraulic) however, the part to do the repairs was unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 6,621. Updated 09/05/14 updated 09/15/2014

- Kenilworth, NJ, USA

Apr 072014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). The contact stated that he had contacted the dealer and the manufacturer numerous times and were unable to provide an estimated date for when the parts will be available for the repairs. The contact felt that the repair was not taken care of in a reasonable amount of time. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue.

- Terrytown, NY, USA

Jul 072014

Grand Cherokee

May 30, 2014 I received "important safety recall" P14/NHTSA 14V-154 (brake booster) and immediately called two local dealerships, armory garage (albany NY) and lia motors (colonie NY) whom each placed me on a "waiting" list because neither had the required parts from the manufacturer. I received a follow-up call from "lia" for an apt on June 30 but service hours not conducive for my working schedule....so I phoned "armory" but the service dept states they have not received any parts from the manufacturer yet. How can one local dealership receive parts for a national recall and another doesn't "?" "armory" has better service hours so I don't have to lose work pay.

- Albany, NY, USA

May 262014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact was concerned for his safety since the parts were still unavailable to repair the vehicle according to NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Houston , TX, USA

Oct 162013

Grand Cherokee

I was driving on the highway in rush hour traffic when the car suddenly accelerated and side swiped a school bus. The car went out of control and was unable to be stopped, crashing into a concrete media on the left side of the highway before spinning across three lanes of traffic and crashing into the concrete barrier on the right side of the highway and finally stopping. The car was totaled - the entire frame was twisted, all four tires were destroyed, the bumper was hanging off. There was severe damage to the entire car - not one corner or area of the car was not dented, dinged or scraped. None of the air bags deployed (despite the violent nature of the crash). I walked away from the accident but had a herniated disc in my back and an injury to the rotator cuff in my right arm and missed a significant amount of time from work while recovering.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jun 232014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 14V154000 (service brakes and service brakes, hydraulic) and stated that the parts were not available. The dealer provided a time frame of 41 weeks for the part to become available. The manufacturer was also contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Mountan Home, AR, USA

Jun 262014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). The contact stated that dealer and manufacturer were contacted numerous times and they were unable to provide an estimated time frame of when the parts would become available for the repairs. The repair was not taken care of in a reasonable amount of time. Contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer has not been contacted.

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

Apr 102014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign id number 14V154000 (service brake, service brakes, hydraulic) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the repair. The dealer informed that one part per week was being mailed by the manufacturer. The contact was placed on a massive waiting list. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Jun 212014

Grand Cherokee

Driver's side front outer cv joint boot slipped due to an improperly-installed boot clamp and the grease from the joint migrated to the brake splash guard, suspension components, and inside of the wheel on that side. No grease apparent on the brake rotor at this time, however the dealer, grapevine Dodge Chrysler Jeep, in grapevine, tx, has instructed me to drive the vehicle to them for service in a few days. Any grease on the brake rotor could cause a brake failure on that side (leading to loss of control) and would require some parts to be replaced. I understand that this is a common problem with Jeep Grand Cherokee manufactured in March and April of 2014, however the dealer's service advisor whom I spoke with appears to be unaware of the trend and largely ignorant of the danger that it presents.

- Justin, TX, USA

Jun 032014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign id number: 14V154000 (service brakes, hydraulic), however, the part was unavailable to do the repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 3/16/2015

- Crestview, FL, USA

Jun 172014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

There was not an accident (the form above made me fill in a date) I received a recall notice for my Jeep, I called my local Dodge/Jeep dealer and told them there was a recall and asked if I could bring it in. I was told there was a 26 week, not 26 days, but a 26 week wait for repair due to this particular recall (notification code: P14). I read in the recall notice that my brakes could be compromised and may cause a crash. So I have to wait 26 weeks before this can be fixed" I was told by my local dealer, I would be put on a waiting list. Why"

- Morrilton, AR, USA

Jun 012014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). The dealer stated that they only received one part per week for repairs; therefore, the repair would not be performed for several weeks. The contact was placed on a waiting list. The VIN was unavailable. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Gilbert , AZ, USA

May 122014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Cherokee.the contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign id number 14V15400 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). However, the part was unavailable to do the repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Upper Brookville, NY, USA

May 062014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee.the contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign id number 14V15400 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). However, the part was unavailable to do the repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Upper Brookville , NY, USA

Jun 022014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

Local dealership has no remedy or parts from manufacturer on recall # P14/NHTSA 14V-154 was told on June 3, 2014 to check back in a month or so!

- Mandan , ND, USA

Jun 092014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

Received safety recall for brake booster (P14/NHTSA 14V-154). Tried to schedule appointment with dealership for safety recall service and was told that next available appointment is not until September 2014. As per safety recall notice: "if your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint...or go to www.safercar.gov..." is there any way possible to resolve this safety recall sooner? the dealership mentioned that they have to wait for the parts needed for the safety recall and it will take months.

- Bayside, NY, USA