CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.

The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee also has the same transmission issues.

8.1

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Aug 162016

Grand Cherokee

Once I had completed parking the vehicle in a parking lot in front of a shopping center properly shifting the gear into the park position. My boyfriend began to exit the passenger side to help our two year old son from his car seat as I had began to release my foot from the break pedal. It was at that moment that the vehicle began to roll forward I quickly placed my foot back onto the break pedal stopping the vehicle which still indicated it was in park. With my foot remaining on the break pedal I shifted the gear into drive and into park, again. To ensure the vehicle was now parked. The vehicle did not move and I placed the emergency parking break on and have continued to do so since the incident. At no point in time during the incident did the vehicle alert me in any way that the vehicle was not in the proper gear position. It in fact read that it was in the correct gear position of park.

- Brookeville, MD, USA

Sep 202016

Grand Cherokee

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee sagety recal # S55/NHTSA 16V-529 transaxle wire harness. I received a safety recall notice with instructions to call my local dealership to arrange service. I called the dealership and was told by the service department that the necessary parts required to do the repair was not made available to any dealership yet. I was told by the service department to wait another month or two for the second recall notice to arrive by mail to call and make the appointment. I asked if, in the meantime, I was to hope and pray that an accident is not caused by this recall item in the interim, and the service department replied, "yes." I then call the fca recall assistance center at fca and was told the same thing. Unacceptable practices given the fact that the recall notice clearly states that, "...the system defaults the transaxle to neutral and the customer experiences a loss of motive power.....the loss of motive power could cause a crash without warning."

- Arcadia, CA, USA

Apr 102016

Grand Cherokee

I purchased a brand new 2015 Grand Cherokee late last year, and I've been having issues with the shifter since day one. I was driving on the freeway coming home from work and the gear slipped out of place. I've been down to the dealership to complain about it but of course they don't care. It really hurts my feelings that we paid this much money on a care I feel absolutely unsafe in. The shifter doesn't stay into park, and I work from my vehicle as a delivery driver. So a lot of the times I have to be quick and swift, and it's been to many times when my shifter slips out of place. My shifter doesn't lock at all, when I try and put it into gear. I'll be getting ready to drive out a gas station and my SUV shifter won't even stay in drive, it'll be neutral. I'll have to click a few times for it to try and stay in place.

- Lasvegas, NV, USA

Nov 052015

Grand Cherokee

I bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee and the transmission went out on the car going down a mountain! thank god for brakes as there was no control of the vehicle. The dealership replaced the car with one that is identical. It is brand new and I have had it for 3 weeks and it is doing the exact same thing as the other one. It gets stuck in gears. Engine stalls and revs up when changing gears! I fear for my life in this vehicle. Also, water pours from the base of the exhaust pipes. Not from the tips.. it unreal how much water pours out of the back of the vehicle!! this is a bad seriously grave situation! I called fletcher Dodge Jeep in sherwood Arkansas where I bought the car and they told me that I needed to drive it 2.5 hours to them so they can see if a shift relearn would work or if this car will be a lemon too!! they said the relearn only works on some of the vehicles!!! please halt Chrysler from the production of 8 speed automatic transmission as they do not know how to fix them and they are going to start killing people!

- Dumas, AR, USA

Mar 112015

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

When driving at approx 25 miles an hour the car seemed to change gear and cause a jerking and jolting motion.

- Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA