6.0

1. replace window regulator (3 reports)
2002 Jeep Liberty windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Liberty:

2002 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Aug 302009

Liberty Limited 3.7L

All four power windows failed and window fell inside of door. On each occasion (3-4 months apart), I had to replace the window regulator. It cost $300 each time. This has also happened to all four windows in my brother's 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, my father's 2001 Chrysler Concorde, and my mother's 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan.

- , Tulsa, OK, USA

Mar 222016

Liberty Sport V6

This is the second time my driver side window quit working. I had it checked and the motor went out. My passenger front and back window both have the regulators out and doesn't work. This seems to be a major problem and I would like to know if Chrysler is going to do a recall on this so it gets fixed for good this time.

- , Troy, OH, USA

Nov 062013

Liberty Sport 3.7L

I've had the regulator break down twice on one door and once on another.

- , Hornby Island, BC, Canada

Sep 192014

Liberty

My window regulators have now broken three times and each time the cost was exorbitant in the $400's. The window regulator just stopped working . With Jeep Liberty you cannot just buy a part , the entire regulator has to be bought and this is why it is so expensive.

There was not room on the questions of other problems. There was a recall on the airbag on the drivers side and I took it in to Jeep Liberty and they said they fixed the problem then why is my airbag lite always on. I took it back and the Jeep Dealer said that it has nothing to do with the recall and that the light is probably a electrical short. I don't buy it and I would not buy it for them to charge me another several hundred dollars. If the airbag lite is on still then I believe there is a defect in the airbag system still and it is scarey.

There is yet another recall of which the dealer still doesn't have the parts six months now or more later and this is for the rear fuel take in case of crash so the car does not blow up.

- , Baltiomore, MD, USA