6.9

1. aftermarket part available (3 reports)
  3. replace motor (3 reports)
  4. replaced window motor (3 reports)
  5. repair (2 reports)
  6. placed a two by four in the window to hold it in place (1 reports)
2004 Jeep Liberty windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Liberty:

2004 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jul 212011

Liberty Sport 3.2L V6

This is complete bullshit. I had a 1978 Chevy chevette and NEVER had problems with the windows. I have also owed a 1984 Volkswagen Rabbit and experienced no issues with the windows. My father also purchased a 1964 Chevy dump truck and the windows worked on it so why in the hell in 2004 can you not manufacture a car who's window work 10 years later...??

- , Tampa, FL, USA

Dec 162016

Liberty Sport 3.2L V6

This is complete and utter bullshit. Now the driver's side window has stopped working. Are you kidding me?? The one that has had the most use???

- , Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 302011

Liberty Limited 3.7L

It is a difficult fix to reach inside the door through the openings to repair. I don't have kids and rarely have passengers to have this window motor problem. Shops want to charge a small fortune. Ugh!

- , Rockford, AL, USA

Feb 152016

Liberty

This is the 3rd time a window has failed, fallen into the door in the past 3 years. Each time I get it fixed it cost about $500.00

I only have 36,000 miles on this car and I can't believe jeep would put such cheap parts in their autos

Is there a recall or a class action lawsuit going on with this major problem?

I don't remember the other 2 dates of the problem happening

- , Tucker, GA, USA

Jun 142015

Liberty Sport 2.4L

I came out to go to work and found my front passenger window open. Puzzled I thought I left it open, not likely. I tried the switch on the counsel and the door with no luck. I took it to the garage to get it repaired and they said they will see me in a couple of months since they see Jeeps in for the window regulators all the time with this problem. This is criminal behavior of Jeep. I read the reviews on this site a will be getting rid of this nightmare of a vehicle, and will never do business with Chrysler, Jeep or any of their affiliates.

- , Casper, WY, USA

Jun 122015

Liberty Limited V6

When I called my regular mechanic to repair the window he told me to call Jeep. I Googled the topic and called the dealer and the recall number. They CLAIM that there is no recall with the windows and that I am past the extended warranty they offered to I have to pay to make the repairs myself.

Had to pay my mechanic $400 and made sure that they did not use Chrysler parts for the repairs. Would like to get in on the class action lawsuit they have going on since Chrysler knows their parts are bad. This is just bad for business, big business only cares about profits, they don't have a care in the world about customer service.

- , Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Apr 142015

Liberty

This is the 5th window that I've had fixed on this vehicle and it had better be the last or it's getting traded in. I've paid anywhere from $265-425 to have them repaired but this time I found a company in Phoenix that give a 1yr warranty on a metal repair that is supposed to last forever and it was around $150. So far so good. If it works, I have one on my 2012 that needs to be done and one on a BMW that I'm afraid to even have quoted. Crossing my fingers and toes in Phoenix!

- , Phoenix, USA

Jun 052015

Liberty Utility V6

Window regulator on left and right rear windows replaced in February, 2015. Regulator replaced again on left rear window on June 5, 20, 2015. June 20, 2015 replacement would do nothing but grind when tried to put the window down. The total for parts has been $250 and labor $270. I talked to Chrysler Corp at 800-992-1997 and was told there was no recall and nothing they could do.

This has been a major problem for me, when the windows broke originally they fell and I had to tape the windows up with duct tape, which left residue on the inner doors and the windows and ripping off my window tint. When it rained and the windows would not stay up my car seats and carpet would get wet. I do not know why they will not make a recall or help with repair of these windows, or at least make updates that will take care of the problems.

I am fed up the replacing windows and will never purchase another Chrysler product!

- , STANFIELD, NC, USA

May 092015

Liberty 3.7L

THIS PROBLEMS OCCURS VERY OFTEN. NOT EVEN 50,000 MILES ON A 2004 JEEP LIBERTY & HAS ONLY BEEN DRIVEN ON HIGHWAY ROADS. NOT A VERY HAPPY PERSON WHEN THIS OCCURS. WHAT JEEP SHOULD DO IS FIX ALL OF THEM WHEN THEY NO IT IS A PROBLEM WITH THE WAY THE WINDOWS WERE BUILT. THE FIXED THE FRONT WINDOWS AT THERE COST BUT WOULDN'T FIX THE REAR ONE. THE WHOLE THING IS, THE BACK WINDOW WAS NOT EVEN LOWERED A DOZEN TIMES. SHAME ON JEEP FOR HAVING THIS PROBLEM.

- , auburndale, USA

Jun 092014

Liberty Limited 3.7L V6

The drivers side rear window fell into the door, as well as the passenger front side window. Oddly enough, the drivers side window, used the most, never failed.

DO NOT TAKE IT TO THE DEALER. Do not buy a replacement regulator. This applies to all Jeeps with power windows.

The fix is an aftermarket kit available from ebay or even Autozone that is made of STEEL. It replaces the weak part in the regulator that always breaks and strips out. They all do it. It is so common that this kit is made in China! Produced en masse by the crate-load. If you are handy the fix yourself takes about an hour for the first one and less for the others because you know what to do. Your good little shop mechanic can do it too. About 100 bucks.

- , Columbia, IL, USA

Dec 162014

Liberty Sport Rocky Mountain Edition 3.7L

This is the 3rd of my 4 windows to have their motors fail. I don't see how this is not a recalled issue. I will be looking into options to make Jeep pay for these failures.

- , Austin, TX, USA

Mar 102011

Liberty Sport Rocky Mountain Edition 3.7L

This was my first window failure in my Jeep. Since then 2 more window motors have failed. This is unacceptable, Jeep.

- , Austin, TX, USA

Nov 132014

Liberty

We replaced regulator 2007 for $300 at Jeep dealer in Katy Tx.

- , Ft. Worth, TX, USA

Oct 192014

Liberty 3.7L

As I will file complaints about them as well, three of my windows have just dropped inside of the door. I had the front driver's side fixed $300 and then a week later the front passenger side dropped. Months later the front came back down, and it has been jimmied in place. Now the back passenger has come down and it is jimmied in place because I can't afford to have them fixed.

- , St. Louis, MO, USA

Jan 112014

Liberty 3.7L

I think it's really sad when the car companies make defected vehicles and the consumer has to suffer with extra out of pocket expenses because they need a safe vehicle to compute. I have had 4 occurrences with my window within a 1 1/2 period. I am a part-time worker and student who cannot afford to have them properly fixed, so I have to ride around with a jimmied, bootleg fixture. I feel I should, as others, be compensated for our troubles.

- , St. Louis, MO, USA