8.3

2006 Jeep Liberty fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Liberty:

2006 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jun 022012

Liberty

This was the first time that we had filled the tank up on our 2006 Jeep Liberty since we purchased it on May 29,2012. While standing at the pump waiting for the tank to fill up, the tank started overflowing with gas. I had gas all over me, the car, and the ground. I wrote it off as being a problem with the pump. Two weeks later I go to a different pump to fill it up, and it happens again. So I called the dealership that we bought the vehicle from and explained the problem and we took it in for them to look at. They replaced a canister and leak protection guard, which did not fix the problem. I started looking on Jeep forums and have found quite a few instances of this same problem on the Jeep Liberty and these people have also filed claims to the nhsta. The only way for the problem to be fixed is for the tank to be replaced because there is a check valve in the tank that is causing this. This is a very costly repair as I have called a couple of dealerships around in the are with the tank alone costing over $1,400 dollars.

- Evansville, IN, USA

Jan 142007

Liberty 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Jeep Liberty. The contact was driving approximately 25 mph coming to a complete stop with the front driver side window in the downward position. The contact attempted to activate the window mechanism. However, the window failed to operate upwardly. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer on two separate occasions for the identical failure. The vehicle was repaired under the service warranty. The repair part was unknown. Also, the front passenger side window would not function in an upward position. In addition, when dispensing fuel into the fuel tank to the full capacity level; the fuel would continuously spray out of the tank without shutting off. The fuel tank was replaced at the dealer. The failure mileage was 8,000. Updated 8/2/10 updated 08/09/10

- Blandford, MA, USA