4.8

2007 Jeep Liberty fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Liberty:

2007 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Jan 102015

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

While refueling the vehicle, the auto gasoline shutoff failed to work and gas spilled all over the vehicle and ground. This has happened several times and appears to be a defect. Our Chrysler Town & Country works fine at the same gas station.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Jun 102013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign id number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Myrtle Point, OR, USA

Nov 132013

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

Every time I fill up my 2007 Jeep Liberty with gas the gas gushes out and all over the car and me even before the tank is full. I never top off so it is not the issue of over filling the tank. I also always fill manually my husband locks the gas pump, it doesn't matter which way we fill up it always spills out before the automatic shut off...sometimes also when the tank is empty it still spills every where too. This to me suggests that there is a design flaw in the gas tank, I have only had this issue with this specific car.

- Tamarac, FL, USA

Sep 082014

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

There was a recall on my Jeep Liberty that the fuel tank can leak causing an explosion in a rear end in a crash. I have called several dealerships to fix the problem however I am on a waiting list of 250 people and they have run out of parts. In the meantime I am riding around with my daughter in the back seat. I am very upset that she may be at risk. The manufacturer must take responsibility and fix the problem sooner. I am not in a position to go and trade my car for another. I would like an offer for a refund if it cannot be fixed in a reasonable amount of time. Had I had known at the time this had such a safety risk I would not have purchased it as I always have my 6 year old in the vehicle with me. Since this is no fault of my own I am hoping for assistance and further instruction so that my family is safe.

- Scranton, PA, USA

Oct 162014

Liberty

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cleveland , OH, USA

Dec 152010

Liberty 4WD 4-cyl

The vehicle quits running when it is filled with gas. But it starts right up. The first time it did this a burning smell was noticed but we have not smelled this since. It has done this numerous times.

- Lsl, MO, USA

Sep 222014

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

Chrysler installed a tow hitch a part of recall N46, but are advising owners that the tow hitch does not have sufficient strength for any towing. If it is not sturdy enough for towing, how can it be sturdy enough to protect the gas tank" is it now a projectile to puncture the tank? is Chrysler installing sub-standard hitches, which future owners may use? Chrysler when contacted indicated a warning sticker not to tow is included, however, the sticker reads "Chrysler recommends you remove the ball & ball mount whenever your vehicle is not actually in use of towing" also no wiring is installed with hitch which may lead some to tow without proper lights. Have they have created another safety hazard while trying to correct the other"

- Aurora, CO, USA

Feb 222014

Liberty

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure). However, the part needed to remedy the recall was unavailable. That manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experience a failure.

- Randolph, MA, USA

Aug 282014

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

Since receiving the recall notification, I have contacted Jeep seaview several times to get the potential problem resolved and I am being told that only limited quantities have been sent to the dealership. I find this unacceptable. If there is a recall that is a planned event, shouldn't there be enough parts to replace defective ones" after all, you know how many vehicles are affected and in what areas of the country you need replacements. What's the delay"

- Point Pleasant, NJ, USA

Aug 082013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 ( fuel system, gasoline, structure ) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Placentia, CA, USA

Jun 112013

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

Recall and it was never repaired yet and was wonder what the hold up is.

- Minot, ND, USA

Sep 112014

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

My 2007 Jeep Liberty was included in a recall concerning the potential for fire in certain rear end collisions. I was notified over a year ago (approximately November 2013) by mail and was informed I would be contacted again when parts were available. Approximately May 21, 2014 at 7:32 am, I called the number on the recall to find out why there had been no further contact. I was told I would be contacted nom later than August 2014. On Sept 10, 2014, I called the number again on the original recall and was finally connected to a dealer. I made an appointment for 9/12/14 at 2:00pm as I was told the service dept. Was wide open. The next day I was called by the dealer to inform me that "they needed to reschedule". so it has been over a year since the notification of a "safety recall" and nothing has been done.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Jun 112013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure). However, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Tiffin, OH, USA

Jun 132013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact mentioned that the recall report date was June 19, 2013 and there should be a part available before September of 2014. The contact stated that the dealer informed that the part was not available. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Granite City , IL, USA

Sep 052014

- Cabot, PA, USA

Sep 052014

Liberty

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure). However, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experience a failure.

- Natrona Heights , PA, USA

Sep 162013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure). However, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Plainview, NY, USA

Sep 022014

Liberty

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was unavailable. The contact did not experience a failure.

- Sedalia , CO, USA

Aug 132014

Liberty

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that fuel spewed out from the filler neck while the vehicle was being fueled. After closing the fuel cap, the fuel cap warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 71,151.

- Bourg, LA, USA

Aug 262014

Liberty

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 13V252000 ( fuel system, gasoline, structure) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Terredonne, OR, USA