Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.

All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.

2012 Jeep Liberty brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Liberty:

2012 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jul 162016

"takata recall" this vehicle is a saftey hazzard unsafe due to ABS notification system and causing brakes to drag and lock up. I purchased this vehicle at a so called 5 star Chrysler Jeep dealership and it was put on the lot with bad breaks that where metal to metal and a bad electrical system. I had to purchase new breaks which are being damaged due to ABS malfunction causing the hit an miss causing the breaks to over work against the rotar drag and lock up. I was coming home on hwy and had to apply my breaks the break light came on and my breaks locked and I swerve off road to keep from rear ending another vehicle and shut off engine. This is a safety issue vehicle is unsafe and should not have been sold without breaks and electrical system being checked out.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

May 092014

Nothing major yet..there is a problem with the tipm, my Jeep just went over 50,000 miles and now I have this that is out of warrenty.because this problem is out there and no recall for this defect and am going to be forced in trading in, I do not feel safe with all the sudden issues.Chrysler ignoring this problem, I will not by another Chrysler product.I have my grandchildren ride with me often and I am concerned. Thank-you.

- Theresa, NY, USA

Mar 282015

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

While driving the ESC off came on and the Jeep driving strange. It is jerking when you are coming to a stop. Although you are driving in 2nd it is flashing 4wdl. The ESC off is flashing. It is scary driving when this is happening. Also since I bought this car new in 2012, I had to pay for the brake light to be change five times already. I think these Jeep have electrical problems.

- Far Rockaway, NY, USA