3.2

2010 Jeep Patriot electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jeep Patriot:

2010 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Sep 162016

Patriot

The sunroof leaks into the headliner while parked or in motion, the water eventually finds its way into the front dome light which then precedes to leak all over the radio and climate control knobs. This has happened multiple times to my vehicle and seems to be a nation wide problem with Patriots in most model years. The most recent episode ruined my radio and I'm afraid to install another because this will eventually happen again and again.

- Festus, MO, USA

May 112016

Patriot

Clock spring is bad. Same model that's under recall on the Wrangler. First problem noticed was when using turn signal, radio display would dim. Second problem was that the air bag light came on. Air bag light sometimes goes off while turning steering wheel.

- Arvada, CO, USA

Jun 172014

Patriot

The fan on the heater quit working and smoke came fr poo M around the three knobs for the heater and air conditioner. This has happened twice. I just replaced it again last week.

- Williamsburg, KY, USA

Nov 192014

Patriot

Tire air fill valve stem corroded due to road salt. Common issue on Jeep forums. The alloy metal just evaporates over time and snaps off when adding air or washing the rims but have heard of them coming apart driving down the road. Seems to occur just below the valve cap edge. Switched to rubber valve stems but lost auto tire air pressure monitor.

- Croydon, PA, USA

May 232014

Patriot 4-cyl

I stopped at a convenient store on my way home from work prior to this my radio continue to turn off and on. When I went to start my Jeep back up it would not start and was smoking. I had it pulled to the dealership the next day and they told me that the starter wire had caught afire and fried the starter and possible the fuse box. Had I not stopped and continue to drive the other 15 miles home I would probably be dead. The car would have stalled on the highway in a construction zone where there would have been no place for me to pull off the highway and with no light any other car traveling the highway could have hit me and with me at a standstill and the speed limit 50 in the construction area I would possibly been killed or hurt severely. There was no warning just that the radio would cut off and on.

- Canton, MS, USA

Sep 062013

Patriot

My daughter called and said all of her lights were out both inside and outside Jeep. Windshield wipers did not work. Basically everything stopped working. She was able to start it and I told her to take it to the Jeep dealer in christianburg va. They checked it out and told her the control arm for the signals lights was broken but could not get a new one until Monday, this was Friday night. I told her to come home very slowly because it was raining. She made it home safely, I checked several Jeep forums and found out if you disconnect the battery and let the computer reboot it would fix the problem. Sure enough it did and saved me hundreds of dollars.everyone should know this to keep from getting into trouble on the hwy. I have questioned the dealer in richmond about but they say they have never heard anything about it. The problem is there and some people know because they told me how to solve the issue. Please let everyone know about this issue both for safety and wasted money at a dealer.

- North Chesterfield, VA, USA

Apr 172014

Patriot 4-cyl

We have had several incidents with this vehicle since a routine service and unknown recall was performed in August of 2013. Using only authorized Jeep dealers to evaluate there seemed to be no problem with the vehicle. My daughter was routinely driving this vehicle and it burst into flames and with the assistance of 3 fire trucks and 3 sheriff cars the flames were extinguished. Fortunately she is not injured but the car is totaled. In my opinion, this is a highly unusual situation and my suspicions is that something is wrong with this vehicle. I hope that some one else does not have to experience this trauma I wish that I could send a picture with this reply. The car is at a Jeep dealer in saint augistine Florida.

- Ocean City, MD, USA

Feb 042014

Patriot

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Patriot. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle stalled as all the warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was restarted and the check engine warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the total integrated power module needed the be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure and current mileage was 46,000.

- Follansbee, WV, USA

Apr 082013

Patriot

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Patriot. The contact stated that the horn activated independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that the total integrated power module needed the be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 7,499.

- West Palm Beach , FL, USA

Jun 062013

Patriot

My daughter called from college to tell me her turn signals head lights dash lights and wipers had all stopped working. She took it to the local Jeep dealer who told her it was the turn signal switch and could not work on it until the following Monday. She had to come home in the rain, drive 250 miles with out turn signals, lights or wipers. This is a real problem that the Jeep needs to address and fix it. I started looking on line at some Jeep forums and found some things to try. The first one I tried got everything working for now still do not know what caused the original issues though and Jeep is not going to admit to anything. All I did was unhook the positive cable to the battery and reset the on board control system for the Jeep. Please pass this info on it really helped my daughter and saved a fortune in unnecessary parts and work from the dealer.

- North Chesterfield, VA, USA