2014 Jeep Patriot brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Patriot:

2014 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Aug 182016

My engine light has been popping on and off for the last 6 weeks. Could not find the issue that was causing the last 2 weeks my dash light that signals a electrical throttle was having issues of gaining speed and decelerating.yesterday August 18th it put my Jeep into 4 wheel drive and my engine light plus the throttle light came on.I could not move my Jeep I was fortunate that I was sitting still in a parking lot.I had only returned to my car after work and turned it on and this is what it is at the repair shop now waiting on what the issue is and how it cam about..

- Waldoboro, ME, USA

Mar 092016

On March 8 2016 at 2.00 am I was going to pick up my daughter from work and was on the expressway and the car wouldn't accelerate over 40 miles. I try to pick up. Speed and it sound like the engine was falling apart I was almost rear ended I exited off the expressway drove home on the side street and called a family member for a ride I could have been killed I am going to call the service department were I purchased the vehicle and get the vehicle inspected because this car is not even 2 years old.

- Oak Park, IL, USA

Sep 132014

Purchased a 2014 Jeep Patriot (used) on 03/15/2014 was going to work at 5am. All of a sudden was in 2 lane Jeep started loosing power, skipping bad, it did not wont to run!!! finally got it out of the road. This was in August of 2015. Called my husband he came we got it back home. Police stopped to see if I was ok now I called the Jeep recall place and gave them my VIN number said no recalls. So now the Jeep will not start when I turn the ignition on! have to do it several times to get it to crank!!! we live up on mountain now it started again the same thing!!!! hesitates going up the mountain and also on straight flat road!!! so what am I suppose to do"??" it scares me thinking I am going to get stranded on side of road anytime, especially at 5 in the mornings!!!! still doing the same thing!!! I just feel like I aint the only one this has happen to with the Jeep.

- Fort Payne, AL, USA

Jul 182012

Patriot 4-cyl

On well traveled mining roads in 4WD, when one tire slips, the vehicle would not even pull its own weight and the engine would not rev over 2,000 RPM. I back up, put the vehicle in 4X4 low and if any wheel slips, it would stop at 2,000 RPM again. All I can do is back down a dangerous road and try to find a spot where I can turn around. This has happened multiple times, been to 2 dealers in 2 states 4 times. The vehicle stranded me on several occasions doing the same thing in dangerous area with cliffs or steep drop offs to rivers and rock out crops on one side. Chrysler hq said they will not work on my vehicle anymore and that the truck is performing as designed! designed to strand someone on a well traveled mining road the other pickups can get to without 4X4? I bought this 4X4 with the off road trail rated package because that's what the selling dealer said I needed for mining. It has not been off road. I can't even get to where I work and this vehicle has even failed on very small hills with dealership personnel in the vehicle. Another dealer test drove it, failed and wouldn't go over 2,300 RPM. They said they didn't know what to do. They duplicated the problem in 4X4 drive, 4X4 low, with and without traction control. When this happens, the vehicle will not pull its own weight and no wheels are even spinning. Very dangerous design and can't even get to my job! when I have to back down because it will not go forward I have to make sure it's a place perpendicular to the slope of the incline or you are stuck diagonal to the road and the vehicle will not go forward and there is no more room to back up without going off a cliff, falling into a river or sliding into a canyon.

- Lovelock, NV, USA