2.5

2014 Jeep Patriot brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Patriot:

2014 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Dec 182016

Patriot

While driving to work the car attempted to stall and the etc light came on. The car seemed to go neutral, then gag, then regained it's composure. I immediately pulled off. Car was in cold weather but never had this issue before, in mn. Temps the manual said it was the etc electric throttle control, but didn't indicate it was a major concern, unless light stayed on. What would be a major concern other than getting rear ended by a pile of cars" I've never had this with any car, it was totally a new light I've never seen. I made it to work afterwards. On the way back home, the etc light came on again -- flashing, then off -- car stayed rolling. Perhaps it is more inclined to stall going uphill with the etc, and while it's rolling downhill, less inclined to stall" who knows, but I don't think this is just a couple Patriots out there, because there's already more than 500 people who've complained of this issue. I contacted dealer - but they did not admit to any recalls for my Patriot - even when I stated others have had this exact issue. I am very reluctant to take my Jeep anywhere but a few blocks in this winter weather. This was truly the first time I felt unsafe in it. Mileage is 89,000. However, should an accident occur I will certainly sue the company.

- Duluth, MN, USA

Dec 122016

Patriot

In August 2016 driving along and the car stalled and teh engine light and electrical light and my 4 wheel drive light came on.the four wheel drive stayed on as well and teh car sputtered then stopped.would not go.had it towed to a mechanic and he said the electronic body throttle needed replaced.ridiculous, I contacted the dealership but didnt hear back so I had it fixed and replaced.Monday decemeber 12th while driving home from work at 45 miles an hour my Jeep stalled and then completely died on teh road.I managed to get it off the road at a coast.had it towed again and the mechanic said I need a new engine. This is what happened the mechanic said "due to abrasive debris in the balance shaft bearings, these engines may have a loss of engine oil pressure, possibly resulting in an engine stall or engine failure, " said NHTSA in its summary of the problem. "if the engine stalls while driving, it may increase the risk of a crash." The same as teh recall, I called the dealership and they said my warranty expired and my Jeep was not on teh recall.just because it wasnt on teh list does not mean there could not be the same problem.my Jeep did teh same thing twice while driving, stalled and then died.

- Waldoboro, ME, USA

Aug 182016

Patriot

My engine light has been popping on and off for the last 6 weeks. Could not find the issue that was causing it.now the last 2 weeks my dash light that signals a electrical throttle issue.it was having issues of gaining speed and decelerating.yesterday August 18th it put my Jeep into 4 wheel drive and my engine light plus the throttle light came on.I could not move my Jeep I was fortunate that I was sitting still in a parking lot.I had only returned to my car after work and turned it on and this is what it did.it is at the repair shop now waiting on what the issue is and how it cam about..

- Waldoboro, ME, USA

Mar 092016

Patriot

On March 8 2016 at 2.00 am I was going to pick up my daughter from work and was on the expressway and the car wouldn't accelerate over 40 miles. I try to pick up. Speed and it sound like the engine was falling apart I was almost rear ended I exited off the expressway drove home on the side street and called a family member for a ride I could have been killed I am going to call the service department were I purchased the vehicle and get the vehicle inspected because this car is not even 2 years old.

- Oak Park, IL, USA

Sep 132014

Patriot

Purchased a 2014 Jeep Patriot (used) on 03/15/2014 was going to work at 5am. All of a sudden was in 2 lane Jeep started loosing power, skipping bad, it did not wont to run!!! finally got it out of the road. This was in August of 2015. Called my husband he came we got it back home. Police stopped to see if I was ok now I called the Jeep recall place and gave them my VIN number said no recalls. So now the Jeep will not start when I turn the ignition on! have to do it several times to get it to crank!!! we live up on mountain now it started again the same thing!!!! hesitates going up the mountain and also on straight flat road!!! so what am I suppose to do"??" it scares me thinking I am going to get stranded on side of road anytime, especially at 5 in the mornings!!!! still doing the same thing!!! I just feel like I aint the only one this has happen to with the Jeep.

- Fort Payne, AL, USA

Jul 182012

Patriot 4-cyl

On well traveled mining roads in 4WD, when one tire slips, the vehicle would not even pull its own weight and the engine would not rev over 2,000 RPM. I back up, put the vehicle in 4X4 low and if any wheel slips, it would stop at 2,000 RPM again. All I can do is back down a dangerous road and try to find a spot where I can turn around. This has happened multiple times, been to 2 dealers in 2 states 4 times. The vehicle stranded me on several occasions doing the same thing in dangerous area with cliffs or steep drop offs to rivers and rock out crops on one side. Chrysler hq said they will not work on my vehicle anymore and that the truck is performing as designed! designed to strand someone on a well traveled mining road the other pickups can get to without 4X4? I bought this 4X4 with the off road trail rated package because that's what the selling dealer said I needed for mining. It has not been off road. I can't even get to where I work and this vehicle has even failed on very small hills with dealership personnel in the vehicle. Another dealer test drove it, failed and wouldn't go over 2,300 RPM. They said they didn't know what to do. They duplicated the problem in 4X4 drive, 4X4 low, with and without traction control. When this happens, the vehicle will not pull its own weight and no wheels are even spinning. Very dangerous design and can't even get to my job! when I have to back down because it will not go forward I have to make sure it's a place perpendicular to the slope of the incline or you are stuck diagonal to the road and the vehicle will not go forward and there is no more room to back up without going off a cliff, falling into a river or sliding into a canyon.

- Lovelock, NV, USA