2014 Jeep Patriot miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Patriot:

2014 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Jul 222016

Since day 1 of buying my Jeep brand new it stalls while I drive. Recently it has gotten 100X worse. Today I was heading home from out of town and I was driving on the highway when once again my RPM gauge would go down to 0 and my car would jerk. Although this time it did it over and over and over again until I finally pulled over and when I did my car completely locked up and usual. So I turned my car off and back on and then it was fine again. Until 10 minutes later. It began jerking non stop on the highway so I pulled over and was gonna restart my car, but this time it wouldn't turn on. I sat there on the side of the highway panicking for 10 minutes until I could finally get it back on. And yet the next hour was full of non stop jerking and having to pull over. I have taken my car into the dealership around 4 times yet there's no light on so nothing can be found. I happen to look up recently and see there was apparently a recall on this veichle so I took it in again, but when they put my VIN there is nothing! this problem with it jerking and stalling has been happening since around December of 2013. I finally have decided to make a report because I am so tired of having to worry about my car dying on me while I'm driving! this veichle is so unsafe and needs to be fixed!!

- Ledbetter, TX, USA

Jul 122016

For the past 2 weeks the red lighting bolt on my 2014 Jeep Patriot turns on and off, sometimes when the ac is on, and sometimes when I am driving more than 40mph. Today, it was different the lighting bolt turned on while driving 20mph with the ac off, it started flashing and then my engine light came on. The engine starting stalling, the car went onto park mode without me switching the gear, then it moved forward and then backwards while on park mode. This is very frightening, especially when I was driving my 15moths, and 9 years old to camp. I took the car to the dealer, and they suggested a tune-up. Are you kidding me? the car only has 28,000, I don't think it needs a tune up. Now, I am afraid to drive the car, and the dealership does not know what is causing such problem.

- Norwood, MA, USA

Feb 012016

I purchased this vehicle with 34, 000 miles Dec 2015. It ran well until 3000 mi into driving it, some days it would not start. It would take me multiple attempts of turning the cranking.....just nothing. So I took it to the dealer I purchased it from and they said it started fine, no problems. Well it continued to occur without any notice and I returned to the dealer 5000 mi. Later and they said for an xtra $40 they could perform a diagnostic test! I explained I felt they should do that at their expense since I only bought the car in Dec. They declined and said if I were change my mind they would run a test.....6 months later the car sometimes starts and now its loosing power on hills and highway.....poor fedup and ready to sell this vehicle and I have extended warranty on this car that im paying for and cant even depend on it.

- Stroudsburg, PA, USA

Feb 022016

Leaks water from out of headliner in rear hatch area after rain

- Medway, MA, USA

Oct 282015

First day, I drove out of dealer, with my new Jeep Patriot, a rolling noise was coming from my wheels, never in other autos I herd, such a loud bearing noise, as I drive. I thought it was normal, but I had to close my windows, thinking that it will help. As time goes, with 30,000 miles is getting worse!,it sounds like a thous old metal skate boards, with metal rolling wheel bearings. I turned off my engine, I put car in neutral, coast down in a down sloped street, and the laud bearing noise is there. I jack my car up, with my floor jack, put stands, turned wheels by hand, no bearing noise!.start engine, while in jacks, put in drive, noise and jerk at 25 mph.

- 2639 1/4 Huron St., CA, USA

Sep 212015

My car has stalled completely over a dozen times while driving or even just from being parked and trying to move forward or backward. The first time I took it to the dealer was after I was driving on the freeway and the car completely shut off. I turned on my emergency lights and moved to the left shoulder. Thankfully other vehicles realized something was wrong and let me move out of the way. I could've hurt some one else or myself. I was parked for 5 minutes when I tried to start it again but the car was hesitant. I tried again and was able to get out of the freeway safely and it shut off again a few miles from there. I then had it towed to the dealer. They stated that there were no error codes and that the car was okay. Now again on Oct 8th 2015 it did it again will driving on a city street. After letting it sit I was able to get home and after 20 minutes I drove it to the dealer and it stalled again down the street from the dealer. I had to get it towed in case there were error codes on the software. They've had my car for 4 days and they have already called that there are no error codes. They have had technicians try to duplicate the problem both times but no luck. I refuse to drive the car. I will not put my life or any one else in danger.

- San Martin, CA, USA

Jun 172015

After a storm I got into my new 2014 Jeep Patriot which only has 8,000 miles on it and I noticed that my dome light above the cd player in the headliner was completely full of water. I was unable to take it out so I had to drive home like that and everytime I went around a curve water gushed out of my dome light all over me and my dash and cd player. Then another day it was raining and I was driving the Jeep and water droplets kept falling from the headliner/light area. I took it to the dealership and they have had to take the headliner down and work on it for over 2 weeks to fix the problem.

- East Bernstadt, KY, USA

Jun 062015

Our seat belt light started to mess up in June 2015, we took it to the service department and after they tried two switches I was told that it could not be fixed and that all 2014 Jeep Patriots do this! if you pull the seat belt out an inch from home position the light goes off, when you actually have it clicked it will still beep at you telling you that your not wearing your seat belt! we have only had this Jeep since Feb. 2014 and purchased it brand new! it will not pass inspection on base, so technically we are not even suppose to be driving this unsafe Jeep that can't be fixed! all 2014 Jeep Patriots do not do this, I know a couple of people who purchased a Jeep Patriot within a month or two from my purchase. Now the seat belt light will stay off even without me wearing my seat belt! I have tried contacting isg, NHTSA, Chrysler service and cannot reach anyone about my safety issue!

- Raeford, NC, USA

Jan 122015

Purchased vehicle, drove home and noticed that when I disengage the clutch a loud whining noise appears and I made an appointment at the dealership for a week out and it has gradually gotten worse while driving.

- Sierra Vista, AZ, USA

Sep 252014

Patriot 4-cyl

We were driving North and came upon an intersection where we put our turn signal on, and slowed down and stopped, about to turn West. The light turned red, and we slowly drove West onto the crossing street. Another vehicle that was driving South proceeded through the red light, at about 45 mph, and hit the 2014 Jeep Patriot broadside, passenger side. The Jeep was pushed and spun 90 degrees from the impact of the collision, we were tossed around violently in our seats, with the passenger obtaining contusions and abrasions to her arm closest to the impact site. She had also banged her head against the window and strained her neck from the impact, on the passengers side of the Jeep. And finally, had strained the muscles in her lower back from getting thrust at the direction of the impact site. The driver had suffered an impact abrasion to his left arm, leaving an imprint of the seat belt material into his skin. He had also suffered muscle strains and lower back strains from the force of the impact. Again, while being hit from a vehicle going 45 mph, and leaving damage that had literally started to fold the vehicle at the midpoint, and collapsed the wheel and axle, not a single airbag had deployed in this vehicle. If the vehicle that had collided with this Jeep had been driving near 65 mph, death would have been almost certain...updated 10/06/14 updated 3/25/2015

- Surfside Beach, SC, USA