9.5

2014 Jeep Patriot steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Patriot:

2014 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Jun 122014

Patriot

When making a turn at a stop light or merging into traffic at a low speed, engine dies but will restart after it's put back into park & restarted. This has happened seven times & one time when not turning & usually when you are turning into oncoming traffic and has been in for repairs each time. Service can't diagnose the issue. Vehicle does not give any indication that engine will die. Traction control light comes on if it dies while turning but if not turning, vehicle engine simply shuts off, as if ignition has been turned off but vehicle has to be in park as opposed to being in drive when engine dies. The engine is quiet & you can't tell it's died & you have no steering control. I've almost been in three accidents, one with a truck-trailer waiting to turn but stopping about a foot away from behind me. My mom was in a high school parking lot after a game & almost rolled into some high school kids & their parents B/C she didn't realize she was rolling backwards until my brother pulled the E-brake. The dealership I purchase from told me that Chrysler deems it a lemon. I opened a case with Chrysler, they wasted my time & finally told me that ncdsusa.org deems it a lemon. I waste more time to open a case with ncdsusa.org & send them my repair orders & they go through the trial & tell me that they do not deem it a lemon but that since the dealership has said it's in working order that my case is declined. This vehicle is a death trap & Chrysler doesn't care that an unsafe vehicle is on the road, that I've almost been in three accidents & could have died when the truck and trailer almost rear-ended me and that it's not just my family or myself (if I survive) that will be filing a lawsuit but any other parties involved because I will tell the other party and they could be sued by them as well. I've given dealerships chances to get this off the road but they refuse to help.

- Redmond, WA, USA

Aug 042014

Patriot 4WD 4-cyl

I am reporting this information because I would like to know if how many incidents are the same. My Jeep Patriot does not handle well on grooved concrete roadways. It sways, quite a lot and feels like I will lose control of the vehicle. The first incident of this was on hwy 287 North of longmont, co. Unfortunately, the dealer says there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. I have never had this happen in any other vehicle I have owned in the past 30 years. I have had other incidents since the first, just yesterday. It is very hard to go anywhere that I am not familiar or when its dark, I don't know when I will encounter this type of roadway. It is quite scary.

- Longmont, CO, USA

Nov 012011

Patriot

I was driving around a corner which I drive around at least 2 times a day, midway thru the turn my steering wheel locked up and would not let me turn it... it just jammed up in the middle of the turn... I braked and watched as I went straight into a guardrail.. unable to do a thing about the situation except brace myself.

- Kamuela, HI, USA