2007 Jeep Wrangler suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Wrangler:

2007 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Dec 012014

Death wobble.

- Boston, VA, USA

Nov 022014

Wrangler

We have had this incident many times before, referred to as the 'death wobble', had the steering pin replaced twice, and new tires, alignment and was fine for 3 months and yesterday it happened again, hit a bump in the road going 45 mph and Jeep just started rocking and jumping all over the road, had to pull off the road the make it stop. When are you people going to do something about this"???? when someone gets killed????? this is so dangerous and I cannot believe that this has not been recalled, so many people have this and are very upset, has this been looked into???" if you are for safety than this would have been looked into a long time ago!!!!!

- Tavernier, FL, USA

Jun 122014

Wrangler 6-cyl

At 60 mph my Jeep started violently shake. I had to pull off the interstate in the emergency lane. This has happened over 10 times. I took it to the dealer and he said ball joints and steering damper was bad. $1,100 to fix it. It is still not steering correctly. There is a popping in the steering wheel and shakes somewhat when I hit a bump in the road. This is very dangerous. I had no idea there was a death wobble in the Jeep I loved so much. I will be trading the Jeep for a different SUV after I get the wobble fixed again. I am expecting a grand baby in Dec and there is no way I will put it in the Jeep.

- Deputy, IN, USA

Apr 012008

Wrangler 6-cyl

While driving over 55 mph on highway there is a death shake that start only letting up on the gas will it stop.

- Brookfield, IL, USA

Apr 012014

Wrangler

Vehicle experiences violent shaking that requires you to dramatically slow down to stop. Wobbles back and forth to an extreme that control is nearly lost. Completely stock vehicle with factory replacement tires. Tires are balanced and vehicle is aligned within spec. Online research states this is called "death wobble" as result of mismatched fastener sizes in factory assembly.

- Gloversville, NY, USA

Jan 132014

Wrangler

I was driving approximately 55-60mph, there were some mild tar bumps in the road that I drove over and the car proceeded to the death wobble. It is exactly as everyone else has noted, the Jeep felt like all 4 wheels were coming off, the Jeep shook voilently, was extremely hard to handle. I slowed my speed and pulled off the road. The car felt like it was going to come apart. This is a known problem to Chrysler and to this organization, why won't you do something about it"???? with only 33K miles, I now have to get a new car because I am in fear of driving this one. If this had happened in the middle lane of an expressway....it could have been tragic and deadly....is that what you are waiting for" hope it isn't anyone you know when it does happen!

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Feb 082014

Wrangler 6-cyl

While driving on interstate and immediately after crossing over a bridge, the front end and steering wheel began to violently shake. Braking did not bring the condition under control. Fortunately I was in the right lane and able to pull onto the right shoulder. The shaking stopped when my speed fell below 25mph. I purchased this vehicle at approx 50,000 miles. This condition has never occurred before. Clearly there is potential for outright loss of steering control, or potential for collision from behind due to need for rapid deceleration while driving at a highway speeds.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Apr 042012

Wrangler 6-cyl

I have loved this Jeep since the day I got it, at about a few years after owning it I had experienced something I just couldn't believe!!! I was going down the road at 45 miles an hour when I must have hit a bump in the road, my Jeep continued to shake violently and I could not stop it unless I pulled off the road and tried to come to a complete stop. I then went directly to my mechanic who then inspected the vehicle, he found nothing wrong and said he did not experience it himself. I have replaced all the shocks, new tires, brakes, steering pin and still have that problem, I did not know what it was until I started looking it up on the internet, there is even a video of someone driving a Jeep exactly like mine and it is doing the same thing. I have seen hundreds of complaints on this, if something is not done someone is going to get killed when they are in ice or rain!!!! why hasn't anyone stepped up to have this fixed" I have called Jeep on it and they said they have had complaints but no one is doing anything about it! really?? how about you climb into my vehicle and have this "death wobble" happen to you with your child in it??" I am 2 payments away from paying off my Jeep, this just disgusts me! something needs to be done!!!!!!!

- Key Largo, FL, USA

Aug 142013

Wrangler 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph over a road bump, the vehicle and the steering wheel began to vibrate excessively and caused the contact to lose control of the vehicle. The contact erroneously drove off the roadway. The contact had the vehicle diagnosed by an independent dealer, who replaced the steering stabilizer but the defect was not remedied. The manufacturer was notified and no solution was offered. The failure mileage was 59,000. Updated 03/11/14

- Evansville, IN, USA

Dec 272013

Wrangler

The 2007 Jeep Wrangler unlimited X model began violent shaking in the front end at highway speeds. The shaking started mildly then became violent. I slowed down and the shaking subsided but this is extremely dangerous when the traffic flow is moving at faster rates. An on-line search indicates that this is common in this model. I believe this should be recalled and fixed.

- Blue Springs, MO, USA

Oct 072013

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph, the vehicle jerked violently without any warning. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 74,900 and the current mileage was 75,000. Updated 02/11/14

- Connellsville, PA, USA

Sep 192013

Wrangler 6-cyl

When traveling at 45 mph I made a slight left turn in the road and went over a long small bump in the road maybe from a road seam that was filled in. Both wheels hit it at the same time and the Jeep slowly started shaking until it became very violent inside the Jeep. I had to slow my speed down to approx 10 mph to get it to stop. I happened to have a coworker behind me who saw the whole thing from behind and said the car was shaking back and forth so much that it looked like my rims were almost touching the road since my tire treads stayed straight. It felt like I had 4 flats. I changed the steering dampener and the shocks to rancho brand which are larger than the oem but it happened again but not nearly as bad since I now know when it could possibly happen. If there were cars next to me I would have hit them. This is a very real problem which is scary. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

- Sussex, NJ, USA

Nov 142012

Wrangler

Im trying to resolve a potential problem with my vehicle.I have contacted the manufacture of a problem the problem is called a death wobble ive had this problem since November it shook so bad I had to drive of the highway I took it to my garage were I have my vehicle mantained he thought it could be the rotors and brakes so I had him change them it still wasn't the problem it happen again I took it back and said it looks like the suspension is tight so this July we went on a trip it happened again this time in the second lane it shook so bad I had to steer it to the the brake down lane cut every one off likely they was no crash I really only drive this car back and fourth to work ijust have sent in July a letter to the maufactor and to to my local state rep one got back to me and said the vehicle is out of warrenty and the ep has still not responded back to me and now I just learned the the manufacture anologe there is a problem with the front end suspension but not offering to fix it im letting U know that I not paying for this they know theres a problem and I have not modafide my Jeep its all still factory built so if you hear of a crash with this vehicle because this is not a serious issue its all on them

- Attleboro, MA, USA

Jul 032013

Wrangler 6-cyl

Driving on 4 lane non-interstate road in the rain at approximately 40 mph. Drove through a puddle that seemed to affect the left front tire only and the front end began to shake violently as though something had came loose. There was a strong pull to the left also. I'm thinking I will have to get the front end checked out, stopped at a grocery store for a few things and when headed home the shake is still there, but not so violent. Parked at home overnight and headed out the next day to get it looked at and there is no shake whatsoever, vehicle drives like it always has. In doing some research on the internet I see a problem others seem to be having exactly like mine and it's being called the "death wobble". it has not done this since this one time but it has me worried that it will at any time, and could be very dangerous.

- Summerfield, FL, USA

Jul 142013

Wrangler 6-cyl

I engaged my electronic swaybar disconnect when I went off-roading. When I returned to pavement, I tried to reconnect by pressing the button on the instrument panel, but the light continued flashing on the dash. I took my 2007 Jeep Wrangler rubicon in to the local Jeep dealer and was told that it was not covered by warranty. After doing some research online, I found that this is a very common issue among rubicon owners. Here is the link to some others on a Jeep forum experiencing the same issue: www.jk-forum.com/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/warning-rubicon-owners-your-swaybar-will-get-you-177489/page2/ this is a real issue, as most Jeep owners that have this electronic swaybar disconnect option use it off-road, far from civilization. In some cases, this defect has caused their vehicle to freeze up. This could be deadly in some of the really hot or really cold locations.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Jul 042013

Wrangler

I bought a new 2007 Jeep Wrangler death wobble started at 70,000 miles mark Mitsubishi in phoenix AZ has not helped me out at all it goes every 10,000 miles on me and they just replaced my tires. Death wobble occurred the day after and before. How do we all get together who have this problem and get Jeep to be responsible for a defective front end. Death wobble is not only scary it is dangerous and I hope that it doesn't take someone getting killed for them to finally replace it.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jul 152012

Wrangler

Steering column shakes violently after hitting small bumps, usually in a turn. Very close to causing accidents due to the need to brake quickly to slow down and eliminate the shaking. Its very disappointing this is not published nor anyone acted on this. Incident has now happened approx 20 times and vehicle has no after market parts.

- Norwalk, CT, USA

May 302013

Wrangler

Stock 2007 with fairly new original size tires Wrangler with "death wobble" at 55 miles an hours the Jeep begin to shake violently and I had to slow below 45 for the wobble to stop. After I had the recommended upgrade to the steering dampener I was traveling through a canyon on I-70 and went over an expansion joint. I almost lots control and hit the car next to me related to this wobble. This Jeep has been taken this vehicle to the dealer 5 times in the last three months, they have replaced every possible part on the front end of this car. The tires are from 2009 with almost 2/3 tread remaining. The dealership is at a lost for why this problem continues. I have decided to sell the Jeep back to the dealer because I am no longer able to feel safe and will not take my family in this care. The wobble is very unpredictable and therefore very hard to duplicate but none the less it is very possible to lose control when this occurs. Please look into why this is so common before someone is killed.

- Palisade, CO, USA

Nov 262012

Wrangler 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, he noticed violent shaking from the front end of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a local mechanic for diagnosis. The mechanic performed a frontal alignment, wheel balance and replaced the stabilizer bar. The failure persisted after the repairs were performed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000.

- Hunlock Creek, PA, USA

Sep 082010

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the front end of the vehicle would sway back and forth whenever driving over a road bump or a pothole. The contact had taken the vehicle to the dealer several times and both the bearings and struts were replaced, but to no avail. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 45,000 and the current mileage was 74,000.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA