1. my husband has to open the gas tank and jiggle the pump (1 reports)
2003 Kia Sorento fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Kia Sorento:

2003 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Mar 212012

We will be driving along, the engine light will come on and the car will die. The only fix is to crack the gas tank and break the vacuum. Very dangerous. It costs over 300 for the new pump, I have seen a lot of complaints on here aboutt this problem but no recalls. all this stuff seems to happen after the warranty. Kia Sucks - if you are thinking of buying onw think again. I have called and complained and nothing. Let me summarize my problems with kia so far - a/c stopped. cd player dies. car stops running and have to dangerously open tank to get it to run again, lost my steering, totally - theres other things too, but these have been the worse. Kias reaction is apathetic.

- , Fredericksburg, VA, USA