- August 13: Kia Lawsuit Says Connecting Rod Bearings Leave Metal in Oil news | 3 days ago
- July 31: Kia Soy-Based Wiring Chewed by Rodents: Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- May 21: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Recalls Investigated investigations | 87 days ago
2011 Kia Sorento
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Kia really changed the design of the Sorento in the 2011 model year. Instead of a truck-like body-on-frame more capable of offroad adventures, the newest Sorento is a unibody construction and is much more crossover than sport utility. The changes brought a whole slew of problems, including a frustrating problem where the door that won’t open. Is it too late to go back?
Worst 2011 Sorento Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- exterior accessories problems26NHTSA complaints: 32
- engine problems22NHTSA complaints: 111
- body / paint problems16NHTSA complaints: 129
- lights problems10NHTSA complaints: 23
- electrical problems8NHTSA complaints: 87
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 20
- seat belts / air bags problems6NHTSA complaints: 64
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 39
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 61
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 130
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 28
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 28
- AC / heater problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 81
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 10
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
Stay Up to Date
Compare Kia Sorento Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sorento compares to other years?
Check out our Kia Sorento overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sorento.