- November 22: Kia Recalls Sportage SUVs After 9 Engine Fire Complaints recalls | 18 days ago
- November 9: Kia Sorento Recalled Due to Reckless Robot recalls | 31 days ago
- November 1: Report: Hyundai Engineer Squeals About Theta II Engine news | 39 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai and Kia Pay $41.2 Million Over Fuel Economy Ratings news | 41 days ago
- October 14: NHTSA Says ARC Automotive Ignores Airbag Safety Deadlines news | 57 days ago
2011 Kia Sorento
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Kia really changed the design of the Sorento in the 2011 model year. Instead of a truck-like body-on-frame more capable of offroad adventures, the newest Sorento is a unibody construction and is much more crossover than sport utility. The changes brought a whole slew of problems, including a frustrating problem where the door that won’t open. Is it too late to go back?
Worst 2011 Sorento Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- exterior accessories problems20NHTSA complaints: 32
- engine problems15NHTSA complaints: 110
- body / paint problems12NHTSA complaints: 129
- lights problems7NHTSA complaints: 22
- seat belts / air bags problems6NHTSA complaints: 62
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 20
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 86
- transmission problems4NHTSA complaints: 39
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 61
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 128
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 28
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 28
- AC / heater problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 77
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 10
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
Stay Up to Date
Compare Kia Sorento Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sorento compares to other years?
Check out our Kia Sorento overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sorento.