- April 12: Hyundai Recalls Elantra Cars That Lose Power Steering recalls | 15 days ago
- April 6: Kia Recalls Optima, Sorento and Sportage After GDI Engines Seize recalls | 21 days ago
- April 2: Kia Recalls Niro To Fix Power Steering Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- March 31: Kia Cadenza Recalled to Fix Brake Vacuum Hoses recalls | 27 days ago
- February 28: Kia Sorento Crankshaft Bolt Lawsuit Will Be Settled news | 58 days ago
2011 Kia Sorento
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Kia really changed the design of the Sorento in the 2011 model year. Instead of a truck-like body-on-frame more capable of offroad adventures, the newest Sorento is a unibody construction and is much more crossover than sport utility. The changes brought a whole slew of problems, including a frustrating problem where the door that won’t open. Is it too late to go back?
Worst 2011 Sorento Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- exterior accessories problems24NHTSA complaints: 32
- engine problems20NHTSA complaints: 111
- body / paint problems15NHTSA complaints: 129
- electrical problems8NHTSA complaints: 87
- lights problems8NHTSA complaints: 23
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 20
- seat belts / air bags problems6NHTSA complaints: 64
- transmission problems5NHTSA complaints: 39
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 61
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 130
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 28
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 28
- AC / heater problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 81
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 10
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
Stay Up to Date
Compare Kia Sorento Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sorento compares to other years?
Check out our Kia Sorento overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sorento.