6.4

2003 Kia Sorento fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Kia Sorento:

2003 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Jul 012007

Sorento LX 3.2L

When this problem initially began, I didn't know there was a recall. (yea I've been dealing with this for a while). It is so annoying (and embarrassing) when fuel spits out on E (empty). When I went to the dealership, after learning about the recall, they looked at me like I had three heads and said they didn't know what I was talking about and couldn't help me. So, because this problem is a recall, the local well known national car mechanic says it is unlawful for them to perform the repair. What's a girl to do? Can anyone share a possible solution to this dangerous problem? I need to remedy this before I blow up!

- , Asheville, NC, US

Oct 012016

Sorento Sliver

I called the Recall Service they told because my car vin # was not on the list there was nothing they could do for me.But my car is a Kia Sorento I feel that it should be fixed just he same. The gas has to pump very slowly in order for it not to spit back at me. This dangerous gas getting on my hands and cloths plus the car. I have to carry soap and water to wash off the and my self. Does some have to catch fire before anything is done. I don't have the monies to have this fixed.

- , Bristol, CT, USA

Oct 312015

Sorento

its dangerous problem, need someone to help us solve this problem

- , San Bruno, CA, USA

Nov 122014

Sorento

Here is another issue with our Kia Sorento 2003, when filling up, gas backs up out of the tank. This is crazy and could be very dangerous but KIA does nothing about it. When taken to the dealer they have no explanation for this issue. Never in my life did I hear something so lame.

STAY AWAY FROM KIA unless you want to smell like gas.

- , Massapequa, NY, USA

Mar 312014

Sorento LX 3.5L

I too have the same problem as someone who posted in 2012, while pumping the fuel spits back out from the tank. It is rather annoying as I lose money fueling and it takes forever to fuel. Normally when I reach about $15.00 in gas it begins regurgitating. This happens every time I attempt to fuel. Thank god fuel evaporates quickly and I go early in the morning.

- , Hollywood, FL, USA