2. new engine (1 reports)
2004 Kia Sorento engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Kia Sorento:

2004 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Aug 112015

Sorento EX 6

I have had this truck in the shop more then I care for this last year. I have had the bolt and belt pulley replaced twice this year and it takes out more parts with it each time. It left me along side the highway just in March of this year.

- , Muskegon, USA

Sep 012015

Sorento EX 6

the rear seal went when cam was warped from bolt and pulley

I had to put a new motor in the KIA Sorento and have transmission work done also, it all stems from the recall on that dam bolt. I want Kia to pay the bill for the work and new motor, this truck is not reliable at all, you have to make sure that dam bolt is still OK every time you get a oil change done. Oh Kia covers the cost for the bolt and that only real big on their part. They just need to replace the whole motor and transmission so they get out from under the recall. But they told the shop to replace the bolt on the new motor because they couldn't guarantee it didn't have the bad bolt in it. They sent a new one to the shop, but they can't guarantee that it is a good one either.

- , Muskegon, USA

Apr 142012

Sorento LX 3.4L V6

This problem happened twice within 14 months and I fixed it both times out of my own pocket. I have the receipts from the KIA dealership to show all the parts I bought to fix my car. I am having major knocking from the engine now less than 13 months of getting it fixed the last time. I bought this car new and will never buy another KIA, how do I get in on the Class Action Lawsuit against KIA?

- , Topeka, KS, USA