2004 Kia Sorento engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Kia Sorento:

2004 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Sep 012016

Although it is my favorite car so far, I can't quite figure out what the actual problem is with this car. A couple of weeks ago I pulled into the Fry's parking lot and it just stopped working. My mechanic said it was a wire that was bad and he changed it and brought it back to my house. The next time I drove it, again, it stopped in the fry's parking lot. When I turn the key, it sounds like it wants to start but it just can't. After checking everything again, we changed a few hoses that were coming apart, changed some gaskets, and it is still having problems. Now it starts if the engine is cooled off, it runs fine until you reach your destination, but if you want to start it again and take off before the engine cools enough, it will not start. Now I understand it can be the fuel pump, wich can cost aprox. $500 to fix.

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA