2.1

hardy worth mentioning

2004 Kia Sorento fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Kia Sorento:

2004 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Mar 102012

Sorento 6-cyl

Summary: Update to below problem I bought my Sorento in 2004, new. I replaced the coolant reservoir at 61000 miles due to overheating, replaced the low beam headlight bulbs on 4 occasions, tail lights on 2 occasions. My vehicle, 5 speed manual transmission, started to have a roaring noise approx. 6 months ago and the U-joints were replaced. It still roars. It quit running on 2-16-12 while I was driving, but restarted. It finally quit again and would not restart on 2-17-12. Check engine light indicate a fuel pressure sensor problem, but mechanic says this should not cause the problem I presently have. It has been in the shop since 2-18-12. The mechanic said it started for him. I insisted he let it run for a while and see what happens. Sure enough, it quit. Kia mechanic told me it may be a crank or cam sensor issue. Other problems--front dome light off and on at will, rear one works, clock on and off at will, vehicle hums loudly when driving for a while. It has been a reliable vehicle for the most part, but when there is an issue, it is hard to detect. Above work was completed at a cost of 1126,00. But now crankshaft bolt broke while driving costing damage to engine heads. Vehicle went back into shop and is still waiting repairs. Kia owes it customers better service and must pay repair cost and take responsibility for the faulty crankshaft bolts they provide to the mechanics.

- Fort Walton Bch, FL, USA

Mar 302011

Sorento 6-cyl

I am writing this complaint against Kia motors who willingly knows of issues with its fuel systems in all 2004 Kia Sorentos. Even looking online you see thousands of Kia owners who have had the sensor go out on this model car after the cars 100000 warranty, and then Kia claims it is past the warranty they have and there is nothing they can do. This causes the gas to always read incorrectly even with a full tank the car reads "E" and continuously every day have to place more gas in car for fear that the "E" may come on and like several days ago I was left on the side of the road from this. When you reach out to Kia they offer no help stating there are no documented cases and when you tell them to look online, they claim those could just be angry customers placing false information. Then they want to hang behind the "as is" clause stating that I should have had a mechanic check the car out, which unless they are a Kia dealer and are aware of this issue which did not show up to several days later after the car was purchased. This is known defect in manufacturing as evidenced online and feel that something should be done to make Kia fix these problems without customers having to fork over more and more money over something Kia itself is responsible for and will not rectify.

- Greenville, SC, USA

Jul 072011

Sorento 6-cyl

Repeated problems with check engine light, keep giving evap code, replaced evap canister solenoid with kit, headlights, taillights, clock loses time, .

- Houston, TX, USA