2005 Kia Sorento accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Kia Sorento:

2005 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Jan 052015

Sorento

The vehicle has had several electronic issues. One owner with a garage parked low mileage SUV. The driver seat will not move forward. All other adjustments work fine. This issue has happened several times over the years but now seems to be a permanent problem. The interior overhead light does not illuminate when you open the doors, the driver side door open alarm dings for no apparent reason and the brake lights continually burn out.

- Summerville, SC, USA

Jun 102013

Sorento 6-cyl Diesel

When someone sits in the passenger seat the air bag light used to turn off, now when they sit in the seat the light stays on and the air bag is off and I have an air bag light on in my dash. Took the vehicle to my mechanic and his software shows a recall but Kia says no recall on my vehicle. His software says restraints and safety system: Recalls campaign - seat occupant classification system reflash. I feel this is a safety hazard if I was to get into an accident and someone was in the passenger seat and the air bag does not deploy.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Dec 062010

Sorento

Own a 2005 Kia Sorento. We have a continuous problem with the lights burning out. This includes the headlights, brake lights, park lights, and fog lights. These lights burn out about every 3 to 4 months. Now the power seat has stopped moving forward or back. The driver's side power seat will not move forward or backward. A shorter person that my wife moved her car and she adjusted the seats. When my wife got into the car she was unable to put the seat in the original position. I have tried to jockey the switch back and forth and up and down and the seat will not move.

- Ogden, KS, USA

Mar 122008

Sorento 6-cyl

My family was involved in a vehicle accident in which we were rear ended. Both the driver and passenger seat backs fell backward and the seat bottoms pushed back, therefore resulting in the seat backs being pushed into my sons who were in car seats behind us. I do not know why this would happen but not only was me and my husbands injured because of the seats, both my sons were injured when the seats fell back and pushed in on them. I want something done so this does not happen to another family. This is a severe defect.

- Cape Girardeau, MO, USA