2005 Kia Sorento electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Kia Sorento:

2005 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Mar 102009

Sorento

I too have now had to replace my head light bulbs and tail light bulbs and have had multiple electrical issues with this car. I have had to have a fuse block replaced because the car was automatically engaging the starter while the engine was running. I have had to replace the clock due to flickering.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Sep 012006

Sorento

My Kia Sorento has electrical problems that cause the interior dash and doom lights to blink off and on. This has been happening for the last fourteen months. The dash lights stay off most of the time now, making it very difficult to monitor my instrument panel at night. I have also had to replace the headlights and tail light a total of six times over the last two plus years. There is also a problem with the heat. The hot air turns cold anytime the vehicle comes to a stop, making it necessary for me to rev the engine to stay warm. This makes a gas guzzler even more wasteful in cold weather. I can get no definitive answers from the dealership for these problems. IżM not an advocate of a lot of government intervention, but someone with authority need to step in and require Kia to provide a root cause solution to these issues.

- Richmond, KY, USA

Dec 242005

Sorento 4WD

We had issues from the beginning with a fire in the center console of our pre-owned Kia. Then we noticed the light for the passenger side air bags was intermittent on picking up whether there was a passenger in the seat. Our clock would go in and out on the lighting especially over bumps. Then we were rear ended on the highway. No air bags went off. The seat belt did not engage and hold either me or my husband back. Then when I fell back against the seat the seat did not stay in place and I fell backwards. I went to the hospital for muscle spasms. The vehicle is being repaired for the physical damage and then will be brought to the dealership.

- Hinsdale, NH, USA

Mar 182005

Sorento 6-cyl

2005 Kia Sorento. The airbag light stayed on. They have replaced the seat, T and sent the seat off to have the sensor replaced. The dealership said there was nothing else they could do. The check engine light came on and the vehicle stalled. This happened twice in one day. The vehicle will restart after waiting a while. Also, the clock had to be replaced twice.

- Covington, GA, USA

Nov 012004

Sorento

The clock did not work properly, there was a noise while the vehicle was cold or starting cold while turning right or backing and pulling forward and a shudder feeling was in the brake pedal. There was a supposed service bulletin in reference to the ABS/brake pedal. On four occasions, the passenger air bag sensor dash light did not engage properly with three different people with different height a weight, the power steering failed, the dash display failed to light up when the passengers did not have their seat belts on, noise in the steering had worsened since the power steering pump replacement, there was a whining and or whistling sound coming from the front brakes on the right side or in the axle as the wheel was being turned, and the power steering failed again.

- Douglasville, GA, USA