5.4

2005 Kia Sorento lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Kia Sorento:

2005 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Mar 052008

Sorento

Lighting problem in my 2005 Kia Sorento LX. In 2006, my dome light stopped working in the "door" position (I didn't get it fixed). Since 2006, I have replaced my Kia's left headlight 3 times and the right headlight 2 times. I now have my right headlight out again and the rear left brake light as well. Since this has happened too many times to be normal, I called Kia. The Kia dealership says it requires "Kia lightbulbs" at $50/each as well as a $75 diagnostic fee to check the electrical system. Kia claims there is a problem with after manufacture light bulbs and that only "Kia lightbulbs" will work. Checking the internet, I found numerous similar complaints from 2005 Sorento owners. This needs to be recalled. I lucked out that only one headlight went out at a time, otherwise, I would have had no headlights. Not to mention the cost in replacement lightbulbs.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 012006

Sorento 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Kia Sorento. The contact noticed that the driver's side rear brake lights were not illuminating. The dealer replaced the light bulb, and, approximately three or four months later, the bulb was replaced again. The light bulb stopped working again three months later. The dealer replaced the bulb once more, but was unable to diagnose the failure. Also, the driver's side headlight stopped working. The dealer replaced the light bulb for the fourth time. Since the last remedy, there have been no other failures. The current and failure mileage were 47,000.

- Detroit, MI, USA

May 222006

Sorento 6-cyl

I purchased my 2005 Kia Sorento in the fall of 2004. It is now may of 2006. I have replaced 5 headlight bulbs in this time. They began to go bad about 6 months ago, and I have replaced one every 30-45 days. Both the driver and passenger side bulbs are effected. Kia dealership in lansing says they can't find anything. Vehicle is still under warranty.

- Lansing, MI, USA

Feb 162006

Sorento 4WD 6-cyl

Headlights frequently go out. I have had to change them twice since I bought the car one year ago. They get extremely hot and almost melt. This is extremely dangerous and it seems like there are many others with a similar problem.

- Ruther Glen, VA, USA

Jul 172005

Sorento 4-cyl

I have had the headlights O 2005 Kia Sorento replaced twice now. They both went out within a day of each other the first time. I had to pay $129 on the car was les than I year old. The second time they replaced under warranty. This is serious. Alot of Kia owners are complaining buy Kia says nothing is wrong. There must be. Can you help get Kia to recall & fix this problem?

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Jun 112005

Sorento 4WD 6-cyl

On my 2005 Kia Sorento I have burned out 4 sets of low beams in 8 months. Kia has no answers for me and it seems that there is a growing group of owbers, on line, that are having the same problems.

- Borden, IN, USA