1.5

2008 Kia Sorento fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Kia Sorento:

2008 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Sep 132014

Sorento 6-cyl

I have had nothing but problems with my 2008 Kia, first it was the front rotors replaced three times within 3 mos. After multiple diagnoses to figure out the problem. I have had acceleration problems, I just put $800 in new rotors and tires and fuel/air induction services. Then the other day driving 45 mph the vehicle started to shake, making a thud thud thud noise in the front end, felt like I had a flat tire, I pulled over, no flat tires. I started driving again and it happened again, worse than the first time it sounded like a helicopter in my vehicle and it vibrated and while slowly driving it felt like it was gliding. I was afraid the wheels were going to fall off, I took it to the dealer immediately and they called me later with the diagnoses of a carrier bearing coming apart, the carrier bearings are not able to be replaced alone, the whole drive shaft has to be replaced as in this model it is all one piece. To replace the drive shaft it will cost $1100 to replace. I declined the repairs I can not afford that, especially after all the money I have had to invest in this vehicle just to keep it running. I feel Kia should stand behind their products, I will never buy another Kia. Thank you for your time in this matter.

- Chandler, AZ, USA