CarComplaints.com Notes: There are just too many engine stalls or shuts down while driving reports to feel good about the Sorento. Especially when those things happen, on average, at just over 32,000 miles. Hopefully things will change.

2.4

2013 Kia Sorento brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Sorento:

2013 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Dec 192015

Sorento 4-cyl

I bought a 2013 Kia Sorento last night Saturday 12/19/2015 and the paperwork did not get complete until after 10:30pm. The salesman stated that all components had been checked and that all was good. I live a hour away from the dealership and when I was on 290 heading East at about 70 mph, when I noticed that my dash and radio panel lights start flickering, my motor felt like it idled down a little but then it was ok, but then it happened again and all the lights in the radio area, steering wheel and speedometer area turned off and it lost a little power but then they all came back on and I made it home, then on 12/20/15 I was driving into town and after about 10 miles at 75 mph my inside lights started flashing again, and then went totally dark. I didn't lose any power this time but I'm starting to feel pretty ripped off. I also noticed today that while driving on hwy that when you come up to a curve to the right, the vehicle jerks to far and I ended up in the other lane. Thank god that no car was there.

- Lincoln, TX, USA

Dec 232014

Sorento 6-cyl

While driving at highway speed my wife with 7 year old daughter in car had all the dash lights and interior lights illuminate and the car became sluggish and was hard to drive. I advised he via mobile phone to immediately pull over and turn the car off. I told he to wait a minute and try to restart it and see what happens. All dash lights lit up again and the car made a click, click, click sound over and over again. She tried this 5 times and she had the car towed to the dealer. The dealer replaced the alternator for $946.14 on 12/23/2014 at dulles Kia in leesburg, va.

- Charles Town, WV, USA