2013 Kia Sorento seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Sorento:

2013 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Feb 262015

I've had my 2013 Kia Sorento for just over 3 years. I was in a one car accident and my seatbelt didn't retract and my airbag didn't deploy. I broke my sternum and have back problems. The problems I've had with my Sorento are replacing headlights, I had to get a new battery and brakes after one year. My airbag light doesn't go off right away. Before my accident it was in the shop because my airbag light stayed on. Now I have no power all my lights stopped working. When I put the truck in drive and turn it off, I can't take the key out I have to put it back in park again. My Sorento was shaking and making noise when the ligjts stopped working. I have no temp gage at all.

- Westland, MI, USA

Feb 262015

The contact owns a 2013 Kia Sorento. While turning into a parking lot during inclement weather conditions, the contact lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a metal pole. The contact stated that the driver side seat belt failed to retract. The contact sustained a cracked sternum, neck and back pains that required medical attention. The passenger sustained a back injury that required medical attention. The contact also stated that four additional passengers sustained minor abrasions that did not require medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an impound lot. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 48,000. Updated 09/01/2015 MA 09/03/15 updated 12/7/2015

- Westland, MI, USA