2.7

2004 Lexus GX 470 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Lexus GX 470:

2004 Lexus GX 470 Owner Comments

Aug 042008

GX 470

When I purchased my vehicle from the Lexus dealer it had an occasional thump, bump clunk when I was stopped at stop lights. Sort like someone was trying to bump me forward. I have complained about this at every service appointment including warranty appointments. No one seems to know what it is. It has gotten much worse. I therefore have tried to do some internet research and appears that not only does Lexus know what it is but they might have actually published a technical service bulletin on the problem. I am fearful that the vehicle is becoming unsafe and I believe with the number of complaints I found on the Lexus sites that this is should be a recall issue not an issue that my dealer continually ignores. My Lexus also in cold weather (low 30S) has a large growling noise when stopped and brakes applied. I think it is part of the aforementioned issue. I have had my vehicle aligned a few times. It has a sensation of pulling right. However it stays true, pretty much, on the road. I should not have this feeling in the steering play. Lastly, I am constantly changing out the outside lights on the vehicle. Headlights, turn indicators and rear brake lights.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Apr 282015

GX 470 8-cyl

When stopping or decelerating get a clunking noise in rear of vehicle. Dealer identified driveshaft needed replacement.

- Jim Thorpe, PA, USA

Feb 152006

GX 470

When shifting at low speeds the consumer's 2004 Lexus GX470 jerked.

- Phoenixville, PA, USA