- May 23: Toyota Recalls 1.5 Million Toyota, Lexus and Scion Vehicles recalls | 2 days ago
- May 2: Lexus ES 350 'Cold Weather Package' Lawsuit Filed news | 23 days ago
- April 6: Toyota Recalls Nearly 17,000 Vehicles in Two Recalls recalls | 49 days ago
- March 2: Toyota Expands Takata Airbag Recall by 330,000 Cars recalls | 84 days ago
- February 29: No Investigation For Alleged Lexus Unintended Acceleration Problems investigations | 86 days ago
2004 Lexus GX 470
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2004 Lexus GX 470
Official recalls have been issued for the 2004 Lexus GX 470 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Lexus service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Lexus customer service.
2004 Lexus GX 470 AIR BAGS:SIDE/WINDOW NHTSA Campaign #16V065000
Summary: Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2003-2006 Toyota Land Cruiser and Lexus LX470, 2005-2006 Toyota Tundra and Sequoia, 2004-2006 Toyota 4Runner and Lexus GX470 vehicles equipped with side curtain-shield-air bags. The affected vehicles have an air bag control module that may be improperly programmed, causing the side curtain-shield-air bags to deploy inadvertently.
Consequence: If the side curtain-shield-air bags deploy unexpectedly, it can increase the risk of occupant injury.
Actions: Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the air bag control module with one that has improved programming, free of charge. Owners were sent interim notices on March 1, 2016. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-271-9371. Toyota's number for this recall is G0C and GLB. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V065000 »