2006 Lexus IS 250 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus IS 250:

2006 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Apr 012010

IS 250 6-cyl

My dashboard and door panels are melting. Concerns about glare and airbag.

- Miramar, FL, USA

Jul 012014

IS 250 6-cyl

The dashboard on the Lexus IS350 and 250 are melting. They are defective and Lexus refuses to fix the problem.

- Coconut Creek, FL, USA

Jun 302014

IS 250

Dashboard is literally melting when the car is exposed to the direct sun light. Dashboard looks sticky ugly and disgusting. Since the problem occurred the dashboard has developed a few long cracks. I demand a recall from a manufacturer to replace a dashboard for a new one with a better quality.

- New Britain, CT, USA

Aug 022010

IS 250 6-cyl

Have 2006 Lexus IS250 with melting dash panel that blinds me in the am during my eastward commute and then again on my westward commute home every day. I purchased vehicle used in March 2010 with 61000 miles from dealer who, unknown to me, painted over melting dash to hide it but by August 2010, the paint wore off and dash was very sticky. I took the care to my local Lexus dealer in birmingham al and he said there was nothing he could do as warranty had expired. I now live along the gulf coast in Florida and this continues to be a severe safety hazard and, despite sunglasses, it is also a health hazard that can lead to cataracts. I am a physician and am aware of the risks of repeated exposure to intense sun glare. The materials are defective and Lexus/Toyota has known about this problem for almost 8 years and has chosen not to issue a safety recall to replace these dangerous dashboards. I will never buy another Lexus product because of the shoddy, unsafe materials used in construction and the uncaring corporate attitude. Please force them to issue a recall to replace these defective parts before someone is killed.

- Navarre , FL, USA

May 012013

IS 250 6-cyl

The material on the front dashboard and front door sides Is softening and melting. It Is extremely worse during the summer season. It leaves an adhesive type residue on everything that touches it.

- Harvey, LA, USA

Jul 022014

Dashboard defect.

- Redwood City, CA, USA

Jun 012011

IS 250

Dash board and interior door panels are melting. My dash board has cracks above the glove compartment. The material is very sticky and has marks every where.

- Kamuela, HI, USA

Sep 012008

IS 250 6-cyl

Sticky / melting dash, dash cracking, all door panels melting and cracking staining clothes when comes in contact with. Both problems creating a glare when driving. I bought this car new and Lexus would not stand behind their product knowing its defective, even when it was under the bumper to bumper and Lexus brand extended warranty. The car Is under the sun 1 hr per day while driving. Vehicle Is in a garage both at home and work and this still happened.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

May 312014

IS 250 6-cyl

Under heated conditions dash becomes very sticky. Door panels are melting, cracking and falling apart.

- New Port Richey, FL, USA

May 142012

IS 250

Dash started to melt in the sun. Dash became brittle and sticky and glared in the sun. Lexus replaced the dash as a good will gesture. Now my door panels are doing the same. They issued a technical issue on this. But still won't replace as no recall has been issued yet. I can pay the $2000 and if a recall Is done they will reimburse me. Known issue on 06-08 Lexus, Toyota and Mazda. Tsib#. L-sb-0144-11. www.clublexus.com/forums/attachments/Is-second-generation/238283D1330672124-melting-dash-and-doors-tsib-L-sb-0144-11.pdf. thank you.

- Point, TX, USA

Jul 012012

IS 250 6-cyl

Issues with melting dashboard due to Texas heat. Dash falling apart and has soft spots causing a glare on the windshield when hit by sunlight.

- Katy, TX, USA

Sep 272013

IS 250

Bought a certified pre-owned 2006 Lexus IS250 from Hawaii dealer, noticed there was a massively blinding glare from the dashboard when driving during the morning and evening hours. Upon further inspection the dashboard and various other interior trim pieces felt soft/sticky and would easily scratch and gouge. This has been a known problem among owners of 2006-2013 Lexus Is sedans.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Sep 162013

IS 250

Beginning some time in Sept of 2013 I began to notify Lexus Corp through jm Lexus dealership that my dashboard and side panels were beginning to melt and become sticky. After some persistence jm Lexus sent a letter or email requesting Lexus Corp replace the parts due to defective material being used in the parts. Lexus Corp agreed to replace the dash only and that I, the customer, would have to pay for the labor cost of installation. I continued to dispute this but was unable to make contact with anyone who would assist me with the whole process. Finally in March of 2014 the dash had melted so much in front of the drivers side that it was now shiny and very reflective. I decided instead of getting into an accident due to the glare while driving that I would cover the labor cost to get the dash replaced and continue to dispute who should actually have paid that cost. The car went into jm Lexus, they replaced the dash and I paid the labor. I took pictures of the dash while in the car and after being pulled out. I then requested for them to hold the dash so I could meet with a Lexus representative to discuss the problem. The rep could not make himself available to meet with me but said he would look at the part and the car, then call me. I have not heard or received any information from the rep and I still fully believe this is a hazardous part to anyone who is having the same issue and needs to be fully investigated by ntsb or someone for recall measures before someone is killed in an accident caused by the glare of the melted dash. I realize that my car is a 2006 but, no car dash should melt to the point that it is sticky, soft enough to put your nail into and shiny enough to cause bright glare into the drivers eyes.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Feb 182014

IS 250

The dash of the 2006 Lexus Is 250 dash board and door handles are melting. It's a glow that sticks on its a factor problem.

- Miramar, FL, USA

Nov 012013

IS 250 6-cyl

The dashboard material has begun to melt creating a shiny spot in front the drivers side and creates a glare in the windhsield reducing visibility at times.

- Fontana, CA, USA

May 312012

IS 250

Interior panel parts (dashboard, door panels) melts in hot, humid climates. During the summer of 2012 my used (purchased in May 2012) Lexus IS350's dashboard and upper door panel surfaces would glisten and emit a strong chemical odor when parked outside in the sun/heat. The wet dashboard surface would reflect off the windshield and impair vision during driving. It would take less than 30 mins parked in the sun/heat for the panel surfaces to begin glistening. Attempts to clean the surface of the dashboard and door panels did not work, as the material remaining would again melt and glisten. Lexus has issued an internal service bulletin to its dealerships of the problem. I complained to Lexus and they agreed to compensate me for the cost of a new dashboard, but I had to pay for the labor (around $800). I also had to replace the door panels myself with used ones sourced from less hot/humid climates (4 at around $150 each). This Is an important safety issue, as vision while driving was significantly impeded by the reflection off the dashboard. In addition to this immediate safety risk, the strong chemical smell in the car could be potentially toxic and pose long-term health risks.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Nov 142012

IS 250

Dashboard and door panels are beginning to melt and become sticky. Manufacturing defect in soft dash material is suspected. May cause injury to driver if air bags were deployed in an accident and the failing dash material were to become shrapnel as the bags deploy at high pressure.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Nov 162013

IS 250 6-cyl

The dashboard on the Lexus Is 250 is melting and disintegrating leaving a shiny residue that reflects on the windshield while driving in the sun. This shiny residue caused by the melting of the dashboard impairs visibility through the windshield making it dangerous while driving in sunlight. I couldn't see debris that was on the road while driving and hit the debris on the road, this caused me to swerve around and almost hit another vehicle. I'm concerned about this because this shouldn't be happening on a vehicle that is only a few years old. This shine reflection on the windshield is unpredictable as the low visibility only occurs when the sun reflects on the dashboard. I can't predict which direction I will be driving, facing the sun or not, making it dangerous to drive at all times.

- Fontana, CA, USA

Nov 012010

IS 250

The dash board has been made of of defective material, it has a very bad glare like a mirror. I get so scared because the glare gets really bad the sunnier it Is out side. It reflects right into my eyes while driving.

- Lakeland , FL, USA

Jun 062013

IS 250 6-cyl

Whenever the car Is exposed under the sun. The dashboard seems to be melting which makes it shiny and Is making difficult to drive.

- Richmond, TX, USA