2006 Lexus IS 250 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus IS 250:

2006 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Sep 012010

IS 250 6-cyl

My entire dash board is melting. The door panels have melted in some areas and cracked in others. Car is in excellent condition and wanted to sell it but no one would even look at it with a sticky dashboard that is melting and door panels that all cracking off. Lexus says they are not responsible because it is out of warranty. They will discount the replacement of the dashboard at an exuberant charge! this is a manufacture defect, fire hazard.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Aug 282014

IS 250 6-cyl

Dashboard and door panel melting away, I have reported this to Lexus several times and they refuse to fix the problem. Finger nails touch the dashboard and parts coming off. The material Is defective and need replace.

- North Lauderdale, FL, USA

Jan 012014

IS 250

I copied one of the other complaints, since my experience is exactly the same. Car dashboard is literally melting. The surface is now sticky which reflects a glare on the front windshield obstructing safe viewing for driving. When the sun is shining, it is very hard to see through the reflection of the dash on the inside windshield. Rearview mirror has black lines obstructing safe viewing for driving.

- Collierville, TN, USA

IS 250

The dashboard and the side panels have melted and are sticky and unsightly. These areas are decomposing.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Aug 152012

IS 250

This cars dash and doors are very spongy. They come off with just a fingernail touch.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

IS 250

Car dashboard is literally melting. The surface is now sticky which reflects a glare on the front windshield obstructing safe viewing for driving. Rearview mirror has black lines obstructing safe viewing for driving. Lexus is aware of both issues which appear to be manufacturer's defects but refuses to recall. Consumers are expected to bear costs to repair these manufacturers defects upwards $3000. A dashboard should never melt.

Apr 022012

IS 250

The dash and both driver and passenger side door panels look as if they are melting. Every time I touch the door my fingernail chips off another piece of the soft material, making it look as though an animal was clawing at it. On really hot sunny days the dash can become somewhat shiny obstructing the view at certain angles and lighting. Dangerous and annoying.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Jul 012012

IS 250 6-cyl

The entire dashboard and top section of the front door panels in my 2006 Lexus IS250 are basically melting. The consistency has deteriorated so drastically that the dash Is shiny, sticky and covered in small nicks and scratches. The dash Is so soft even the slightest touch leaves a permanent scar! efforts to clean or treat the dash/door panels are useless - anything I use just sticks. My clothes have been ruined by black sticky residue from simply coming in contact with the door panels. The sheen from the melting dash reflects directly onto the windshield at such an angle that it's difficult to see in some lighting. This Is obviously a manufacturing error Lexus refuses to correct. Any help Is greatly appreciated.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Jun 012010

IS 250 6-cyl

The dash and armrests has been melting and is easily marred or chipped. I've added uv protection film to curb the effect but it is still happening. Please help us there are many with this issue and many did not receive a recall notice.

- Ladera Ranch, CA, USA

IS 250 6-cyl

Dashboard is deteriorating, melting, and becoming very sticky and shiny causing glare on windshield. Door panels are also breaking down.

Jul 302013

IS 250 6-cyl

My dashboard is melting in this Texas heat. One day I got into my car during the hot afternoon, this would be an after when we were very close to 100 degrees outside. My fingernail hit the dashboard and took a small chunk out of it. My entire dashboard felt very soft and sticky. Also this same material is on my side doors and you can see where it's melted some and my finger nails have knicked this material as I try to grab the door handle to open the door (drivers side). Now that it's so hot my dashboard and side doors feel very sticky and soft. They are even turning a milky white/grey, which I guess is attributable to the sun.

Aug 012012

IS 250 4-cyl

Vehicle's dashboard and trims on door panels are melting. Black stains appear on finger tips when you touch them. Panels are cracking and melting.

Aug 042014

IS 250

The dash and door panels are melting. The product Is defective and the glare from this Is very dangerous!! Lexus should fix the defective part!

- Rock Hill, SC, USA

Aug 022010

IS 250

My dash board and interior door panels are melting. When it is hot if you touch it the black material come off on your hands or in your nails. My dash board has cracks above the glove compartment. The material is very sticky and has marks every where. I have kept my car up very well, but this makes the car look really bad. Not considering the harm it could be causing health wise. I love my Lexus but I do not know if I will purchase another one for that reason alone.

Feb 262013

IS 250 6-cyl

I noticed that the dash board and the side panels (both sides -drivers and passenger side) on my Lexus-Is-350 have been melting away since July 2010 and after much complaint, the dealer replaced the dash board cover in February 2013. However the dealership service department refuses to replace the side panels. They named the problem as a "cosmetic concern" on 2/26/2013 when I complained that the color of the replaced dash did not match and the material appeared to be of lower quality. I learned recently from an investigative report in South Florida (nbc- 6) that the Lexus had issued a service bulletin in 2011 about this manufacturer defect problem (called interior panel shining...."sticky leather problem"). but the dealership never informed me of this service bulletin at the time it came to them. I believe that the leather parts (both dash board and side panels) are a manufacturer's defect and should replace it at their expense although I am out of warranty at this time. The smell from the melting parts, I suspect can be toxic. At times, I get an allergic reaction when driving the car.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 202011

IS 250 6-cyl

When I touched the dashboard it was melting. Also any little touch to door panels marks it. Pieces are falling off as well every time I get into the car. It's ridiculous it's a Lexus! please help.

- Margate, FL, USA

Jul 292014

IS 250 6-cyl

Dashboard Is sticky/melting. Interferes with driving visibility and Is a safety issue.

- Chester, SC, USA

Feb 102012

IS 250 6-cyl

Dashboard and side interior door panels appear to be melting and cracking. Lexus agreed to partially pay for replacement of the dashboard, to which I had to agree because of safety concerns. Dashboard would reflect light, causing problems seeing out of the windshield. Lexus also agreed to partially pay for door panels, but because my cost would still have been over $1500, I could not accept their offer. I was told at the dealer that they had never seen this, which I later came to find out this was an ongoing problem. A service bulletin was issued months prior that I was never notified about.

Jul 102009

IS 250 6-cyl

When you spend tens of thousands of dollars on a car, you don't expect it to literally melt away. My 2006 Lexus Is 250 it's literally melting away, every day. The dashboard and side panels are turning sticky and melting in the Florida sun. When I touch the dashboard my fingers stick and turn black. It makes me mad!! every time I get in my car I worry the melting dashboard could be a safety issue. The dash reflects the sun from the windshield and it causes this reflection so it sometimes becomes hard to see.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Jul 042011

IS 250 6-cyl

Melting dash and door panels.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA