2007 Lexus IS 250 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus IS 250:

2007 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 192011

IS 250

Rearview mirror on all Lexus models shows black "tiger" marks across the mirror causing a potential safety issue. Have asked Lexus to fix and said no. They know it's a known issue.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Mar 012013

IS 250 6-cyl

Black dashboard and inside door panels are melting on my 2007 Lexus Is 250. While driving, the sun will glare off of the melting dashboard compromising viability to the driver. If you touch the dashboard, an imprint Is left. Valet services are unable to place tickets, or any other material for that matter, on the dashboard because it will stick to the dashboard and leave residue. The same material Is used for the door panels. As you open the car door from the inside of the vehicle, the black material gets caught under male and female fingernails, gouging the material. I believe this Is a manufacturing defect. This Is not a result of owner neglect. On a side note; this vehicle has lived in many environments - Colorado (dry climate), Texas (dry climate), and Florida (moist and warm climate). Lexus customer service has been contacted and does not take responsibility for the defect. If I want it fixed, Lexus states that it Is my financial responsibility to replace. If cosmetics and quality are not important to Lexus, safety should be!

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Feb 112014

IS 250 6-cyl

As I drove down I95 my visibility was impaired by a large glare on my window cause by a reflection off of the melted and defected Lexus IS250's dash board. I have brought this up to Lexus of pembroke pines and was told the can not do anything for me.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Jan 012012

IS 250 6-cyl

A few months after I purchased this car back in 2011, I started to notice that the dashboard and front door panels started to deteriorate; literally looked like they were melting. It feels very sticky, it gets scratched easily from the slightest touch, but the main thing is the dash, it looks so shiny it creates a horrible glare that reflects on the windshield and makes the visibility very difficult and it just gets worse and worse with time. I have complained several times with the dealership, they say they will only cover the repair partially but still the amount that would come out of my pocket is significantly high. According to what I have researched, Lexus released a service bulletin about this issue with the sticky/shiny dash and door panels. However, the extended warranty on my car would not cover the repair/replacement of the parts. I just hope they are aware that this goes beyond of being only a "cosmetic" problem, because just the glare on the windshield itself can become a significant driving hazard.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Jan 012010

IS 250

I leased my Lexus IS250 back in 2007 and have since then been the only owner. Since then the dash board of my car has been melting and now causes a horrible glare/reflection on my windshield creating poor visibility when driving on sunny days which is most days her in South Florida. Also the inside door panel material has become very soft to touch and seems to be melting also. After discussing this with Lexus they offered me to go 50/50 on the repairs to have these problems corrected which means hundreds of dollars out of my pocket for a repair that is due to poor materials. My main concern however is them doing something about the dashboard because have a blind spot on a windshield is a very unsafe condition for any driver.

- Lauderhill, FL, USA

Feb 252011

IS 250 6-cyl

The dash of my 2007 Lexus Is 250 has been deteriorating for over a year. It appears to melting and Is very shiny causing extreme glare to the front windshield. The glare can be so severe at times that it impedes visibility. I have been in contact with the nearest Lexus dealership multiple times regarding this issue. I have sent pictures at their request and can't seem to get a definitive answer as to when repairs will be initiated. The service department Is in agreement that this a "severe" case of dash material breakdown I have researched "melting dash" on the Lexus forums and the problems with my dash Is not an isolated problem.

- Lake Charles, LA, USA