2010 Lexus RX 350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Lexus RX 350:

2010 Lexus RX 350 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 102011

RX 350

Service brakes, March 13, 2011 - mansfield MA I purchased my 2010 Lexus Rx 450H in December 2010. Ever since I bought it, I have noticed that from time to time, when I press the brake pedal, the car seems to surge forward(!) momentarily before it slows down. This happens most frequently. It will happen even if I am only coasting and not touching the gas pedal when pressing the brake initially. It happens to me at least once or twice a week. It is somewhat disturbing. I have mentioned this to my Lexus dealer, but they have dismissed my concerns both times I brought it up. Has anyone else noticed this issue? view details

- Mansfield, MA, USA

Jan 312011

RX 350

The contact owns a 2010 Lexus RX350. While stopped, the vehicle surged forward and stopped on its own. During the failure, the slipping light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer but they were unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 26,000.

- Malvern, PA, USA

Oct 222010

RX 350

The contact owns a 2010 Lexus RX350. While driving 5 mph, the vehicle suddenly accelerated and crashed into two other vehicle which caused a chain reaction. There were no injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer for body repairs. The contact called the manufacturer who stated that they would send an investigator to inspect the vehicle. The vehicle had not been inspected. The failure mileage was approximately 7,000.

- Old Bethpage, NY, USA

Nov 102010

RX 350

The contact owns a 2010 Lexus RX350. The contact was driving approximately 45 mph, and unexpectedly an increase of acceleration occurred. The vehicle failed to decelerate. The brake pedal was applied and the vehicle began to slow down to a complete stop. The vehicle was in the process of being towed to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The failure mileage was approximately 3,800. The VIN was unavailable.

- Middlebury, CT, USA

Aug 032010

RX 350

The contact owns a 2010 Lexus RX450 hybrid. The contact was driving at unknown speeds in a parking lot when the vehicle abnormally accelerated. The brakes would not engage despite her repeated attempts to stop the vehicle. The vehicle proceeded to accelerate and the front passenger tire exploded. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer where the contact was awaiting a diagnosis of the failure. The manufacturer would not provide any assistance. The current and failure mileages were approximately 16,000.

- Monrovia, CA, USA

Jul 292010

RX 350

On 7/29/2010 my 2010 Lexus rx 350 experienced unintended exhilaration causing a collision with a parking lot collision safety post (metal pipe filled with concrete) causing extensive frontal damage of the vehicle. The incident occurred at approximately 1245 on a clear day dry pavement with no other vehicles in the parking lot near the scene of the collision. The incident occurred when I was pulling into the a parking spot making right hand turn. As I was entering the parking spot at approximately 1/2 way I tapped the accelerator pedal to complete the parking maneuver and that is when the car lunged forward with a speed indicative of hard acceleration colliding with the post before I could take any action to slow or stop the vehicle. The acceleration detailed above has happened once before when my husband was driving the vehicle and experienced sudden acceleration. We were both puzzled by the event but decided to dismiss it since it occurred during the nation wide media blitz about Toyota vehicles unintended acceleration, and really did not want to buy in into mass hysteria. Hind sight being 20/20 maybe we should have.

- Morganville, NJ, USA

Jun 292010

RX 350

Model year 2010 Lexus rx 350 had a sudden acceleration problem while trying to park in a parking lot parking place in edmond Oklahoma. The car surged forward running over the curb and required swerving to the right onto a grass median between the parking lot and busy fast moving street. The car then traveled approximately 100 feet at an uncontrollable speed before swerving back into the parking lot where the vehicle then stopped. The car is only three months old and has 2040 miles. The Lexus dealer says there is no history of sudden acceleration issues with this year and model car. The car is now at the dealership awaiting 7- 14 days for a Lexus factory specialist to examine the car. This sudden acceleration issue is not mere parts or inconvenience issue. This was a near death experience and a possible life or death issue for other 2010 Lexus rx 350 owners.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Dec 082009

RX 350

The contact owns a 2010 Lexus RX350. The contact stated that when accelerating from a stopped or slowed position, the vehicle would change gears at random. This failure occurred numerous times. On the latest occasion, upon accelerating from a slowed position, the vehicle suddenly accelerated. The contact applied pressure to the brakes to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealership where it was located at the time of the complaint; the dealer had been unable to diagnose the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 7,000. The current mileage was approximately 11,000.

- Livingston , NJ, USA

Dec 212009

RX 350 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Lexus rx 350. While attempting to park the vehicle, the contact stated the vehicle abnormally lunged forward and stalled. This was not the first occurrence of the failure. The manufacturer was contacted and advised they were aware of the failure but had not deemed the issue as a safety concern. There were no recalls for the failure. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage was 2,450. Updated 07/06/10. The consumer stated when going from reverse to drive on the street, the vehicle would stall. Updated 09/21/10

- Issaquah, WA, USA

Jan 042009

RX 350

The contact owns a 2010 Lexus RX350. While releasing her foot from the accelerator pedal at approximate speeds of 30 mph, the vehicle abnormally accelerated. The contact was able to stop the vehicle by depressing the brake pedal. The dealer could not duplicate the failure. There were no repairs made to the vehicle. The failure would occur intermittently. The failure mileage was 1,700 and the current mileage was 5,200.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Jul 282009

RX 350

I purchased my 2010 Lexus Rx 450H in July of 2009. Ever since I bought it, I have noticed that from time to time, when I press the brake pedal, the car seems to surge forward(!) momentarily before it slows down. This happens most frequently when driving over bumpy roads. And it will happen even if I am only coasting and not touching the gas pedal when pressing the brake initially. It happens to me at least once or twice a week. It is somewhat disturbing. I have mentioned this to my Lexus dealer, but they have dismissed my concerns both times I brought it up. I noticed this even before I had heard of the Toyota recall on hybrid prius brakes, but from what I read, the issue sounds similar to the prius hybrid 2010 problems. But there is so far no recall on Lexus 2010 hybrid brakes. Has anyone else noticed this issue?

- Pasadena, CA, USA

Apr 042010

RX 350

The contact owns a 2010 Lexus RX350. The contact stated that while driving at approximate speeds of 55 mph, the vehicle abnormally accelerated to speeds of 90 mph. The contact also stated that there was smoke coming from the tires when he tried to apply the brakes. He was able to shift the vehicle to neutral and turn the ignition off to gain control of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The dealer could not duplicate the failure. The approximate current and failure mileages were 4,000.

- Smithtown , NY, USA

Aug 302009

RX 350

We have bought Lexus rx 350, 2010. Vehicle skips gear on and off, particularly when in slow speed to when you try to raise speed. We took car back to dealer three time since than, they couldn't find any problem, but it is scary when all off a sudden vehicle jumps.

- Livingston, NJ, USA

Feb 122010

RX 350

I was driving a 2010 Lexus rx450H on a highway at @60 mph when it accelerated on its own to @80 mph within a few seconds. It responded to the brake and I exited the highway. I had the vehicle previously checked by the dealer, rallye Lexus in glen cove NY, and they said they were no problems. The dealer and factory rep. Checked the vehicle after the incident and they again said there were no problems with the car. However, the event did occur and now I will not drive the vehicle. Fortunately there was no accident as a result of the malfunction.

- Sands Point, NY, USA

Dec 042009

RX 350

My car suddenly accelerated as I was parking and hit a concrete wall. I was almost in the space and going 1mph aprox. 3 or 4 feet from the wall. They said I stepped on the wrong pedal to cause it. I did not, but lost my confidence and trust in my driving. The model car is a 2010 Lexus model RX350. Not on the list of recalls. The damage was in excess of $14,000. My insurance paid all but the deductible. I still do not believe that I did what they say and do not trust Lexus to tell me the truth of the matter at this time. The car went straight to the dealership for repairs.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 272009

RX 350

It's a Lexus rx 350 2010, the truck seems to accelerate or lurches forward with brief spurts of acceleration, the lapse in braking is probably less the a second. It happen while I brake to a full stop. I take the truck to two Lexus deal for concern, but they said, the vehicle is operating as designed, when they compared to same model vehicle. They also said that lurches is, the vehicle is preparing to shift into next gear so it's ready to shift to a different gear.please review this incident so that I could get this off my mind.

- Wolcott, CT, USA

Aug 222009

RX 350

We had a 2010 Lexus 350rx. In Aug 2009, I was driving home and the car accelerated up to about 60mph. My husband was in the car with me. We were trying everything to stop the car. We finally got it stopped. It did it a second time with my husband driving the next day. We know without a doubt that it was not the floormat. Which that is what Lexus blamed it on. I would not drive that car again.

- Danville, VA, USA

Nov 282009

RX 350 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Lexus rx450H. The contact was driving approximately 25 mph over a bumpy road surface. There was pressure applied to the brake pedal in which there was a delay power response. The driver was able to continue in operation. The failure occurred whenever encountering a bumpy road surface. In addition, during acceleration the vehicle became uncontrollable which occurred intermittent. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for inspection. The technician was unable to detect a problem. The vehicle has not been repaired for the malfunction. The failure mileage was 900. Updated 03/15/10 updated 10/05/10

- East Norristown, PA, USA

Jan 282010

RX 350

My 2010 Lexus rx 350 has had two incidents of sudden accelaration in the 6 weeks I have owned the vehicle. On both occasions, the vehicle suddenly reved up past 4 to 5,000 RPM for a fraction of a second and then returned to normal RPM (2000). Reported the first incident to Lexus. No action has been taken by Lexus.

- Kingwood, TX, USA

Aug 222009

RX 350

Lexus 2010 rx 350 cruise control traveling at 75 mph in Arizona had to slow down to about 55 mph and when the cruise control was resumed the vehicle roared ahead. The acceleration was extreme (pushed us back in our seats) and stopped after cruise control was turned off.

- Laguna Niguel, CA, USA