2001 Mazda 626 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mazda 626:

2001 Mazda 626 Owner Comments

Feb 162015

626 6-cyl

Our Mazda 2001 tribute has been leaking brake fluid and mechanic said it may be something with master cylinder. After searching the internet I found Mazda had a recall (#6712A) that covered 2001-2002 model year tribute SUVS for a faulty brake master cylinder reservoir cap. We called Mazda and spoke to a rep. Katrina said "your car does not qualify because you do not have ABS brakes". whether we have ABS brakes or not we should be able to have our car checked in this recall for our safety. We should not be excluded from this recall. Please let us know what needs to be done.

- Gastonia , NC, USA

Oct 312014

I have put so much money in this car. Alternator, transmission, brakes, tires and ball joints. Now the catalytic converter needs replaced, wiper motor and quarter panels are all rusted out. I am disabled and this is my only transportation. Should all of this should of gone wrong? it will not pass inspection. I have had this car eight years.

- Franklin, PA, USA