2. replace transmission (1 reports)
2004 Mazda B2300 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mazda B2300:

2004 Mazda B2300 Owner Comments

Oct 082005

B2300 B2300

Immediately after I purchased this truck new in 2005, I notice a problem with the transmission slipping and taking an abnormally long time to go into reverse. I took it back to the dealer almost immediately. The check in guy at the repair area said it was normal. I said no it wasn't, he said yeah it was. About two months later, I get a letter saying they put the wrong type of transmission fluid in my truck. It's been a problem every since. I'm fairly certain my transmission has failed with just over 70,000 miles on it. Every time I took it in under warranty they put some additive in and to drive my truck easier. I already drive like slow grandma. I guess they just wanted me to park it and quit complaining.

- , Bell, CA, USA

Aug 032004

B2300 2.4L

I bought a 2004 Mazda B2300 (4 cylinder) brand new in 04'. 40,000 miles later, the transmission started to jerk and slip. It would rev high every time it switched gears and it would shift really hard. The transmission pan also leaked. I constantly had to add transmission fluid. I took it in to the dealership and they said the solenoid went out. That fixed the problem for a good 10,000 miles. The transmission pan also started to leak again. The dealership refused to repair it for free. The transmission still jerks and revs high between gears. Sometimes it revs high and doesn't go anywhere. This is a ridiculous problem for a car with 40,000 miles. I bought it brand new and have done all the maintenance. I never pull anything and I never carry anything in the bed. I never drive it hard or anything like that. It had less than 10 miles on it when I bought it. I still have to add fluid and check the level every week.

- , Harker Heights, TX, USA