1. replace abs sensor (1 reports)
1999 Mazda B2500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Mazda B2500:

1999 Mazda B2500 Owner Comments

Nov 012007

B2500 SX 2.5L 4 cyl

I am the third owner of this truck and I would have to say that the previous owners were maybe a little lazy to maintain things as I soon found out. A few months after purchasing this truck, the ABS sensor light started to illuminate my dash, intermittent at first then constant. Look in the repair manual to make sure it was the ABS and sure enough it was. I repaired it myself. I bought the part for $25.00 brand new plus $25.00 for my labor. 30 min. including set-up and clean-up. It's not a big deal, it is possible to do it without a jack but It it was easier to get to. Once I replace the part, the light went off, hasn't gone on since.

Another note, without the ABS the brakes were affected when stopping, sometimes they would grab and cause the truck to skid which can be dangerous especially under wet conditions. The only time I don't need the ABS is when I am driving in the dirt.

- , Petaluma, CA, USA