4.2

2013 Mazda CX-5 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Mazda CX-5:

2013 Mazda CX-5 Owner Comments

May 212015

CX-5

I first started hearing this screeching noise back in May 2015, after which I took it to the dealership thinking whatever it was could be covered under warranty. They came back saying that it was due to not having any rear brake pads left and my rotors were severely damaged. Unfortunately, this was due to normal wear and tear and not covered under warranty. After fixing this, in August 2015, I started to hear the noise again. Took it back to the same dealership complaining about the same noise. This time, they stated that it was my front brake pads. Got this fixed as well. Now it is September, and I hear the same exact screeching noise as I heard in May. I decided to have it checked at another dealership but unfortunately, due to how the prior dealership used an air impact wrench to put on my wheel locks, they were not able to remove them. It actually stripped the key and now I am stuck with another problem to fix. While there, we asked if this might be the reason behind the screeching that we hear, but the mechanic stated that there is a service bulletin out on the rear calipers, etc and to fix it if a customer complains. Now my complaint is how is a customer supposed to be aware of this if it is not made known to us...and instead, the dealerships trick us into repeatedly returning to have it checked, taking time out of our busy work schedules. I also don't agree with at only 30K, I had to have all my brake pads changed already! all the other cars I've had, I did at around 50K.

- North Brunswick, NJ, USA