3.4

2014 Mazda CX-5 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mazda CX-5:

2014 Mazda CX-5 Owner Comments

Aug 082016

CX-5

No issues leading up to this point with my Cx-5. went to start the car and all the dash lights illuminated and remained on. As I began to drive, I attempted to use the right hand turn signal and the warning lights flashed rapidly as the electrical system, bluetooth, navigation, and entire engine shut off. I stopped the car, put it in park, and tried restarting. When it did, half of the warning lights were on in park, including the service engine light, and when put in drive the rest of the lights came back on. I tried the right signal again (in park) and the same issue occurred, with the end result of the engine turning off. As I drove with these lights on, new warnings came on and off, including loss of power to my steering(making it more difficult to turn), ABS, speed monitoring, tire pressure, blind spot monitoring, horn, and basically anything else controlled electronically. I ran the codes and got long list, with most of them being connected to loss of communication. Some codes were: U0121, P0500, P0685. I took it to the Mazda dealer, and after 2 hrs of diagnostic there were unable to find the problem and said they would need more time (and money, obviously). From reading other blogs/comments with the similar issue, seems to be a faulty ground wire. This is something that is extremely dangerous and seems to be occurring a lot in this model. Mazda needs to address this issue asap

- Golden Valley, MN, USA

Aug 132015

CX-5

Engine/active accessories would not shut off. After stopped and put the vehicle into the park position, and pushed the start/stop button to turn off the vehicle, it would not shut off. It sounded like the engine shut off but the accessories were active and fully engaged and beeping. I tried pushing off button several times, restarting /shutting off again, and driving to another parking stall, I had to leave my car unlocked, actively engaged with active accessories fully on in my driveway at home, in shopping centers like target, walmart, the mall, and grocery store. Each time when I returned to my vehicle acc were still on. I had to drive the car a bit and keep trying to park until it shut off. The first time this occurred wa approx July- August, 2015 and my car was still under the 36K/3yr warranty and I was told by the Mazda service advisor that it was just a low key battery and I needed to replace it. He said he did a complete diagnostic check and no problem showed up. It occurred intermittently so I believed him. Recently July 2016- Aug 2016 it actually got worse and happened approximately 5 times within one month. I changed batteries three times on two separate keys. The batteries are not the problem or answer and has not resolved the problem. I think this is might be a transmission, engine, ignition or electrical stability control; I don't know, but definitely not a low key battery prob as I was told by Mazda sevice advisor.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Apr 012016

CX-5

I was traveling about 35mph up a slight incline when the engine lost power and started shaking. The traction control system, tire monitoring, and check engine light all came on at the same time. The engine didn't have any power even when I pressed all the way on the accelerator I couldn't get it to go any faster than 45mph.

- Kelso, WA, USA

Feb 162014

CX-5 4-cyl

Upon entering the highway a car came up on me very fast, whereupon I floored the gas pedal. The car jetted forward to about 65 mph then suddenly lost all power; like it was functioning on one cylinder. I had to pull over and coast down to my max speed of 5-mph. Even though the pedal was floored I could not get above 1000 rpms and 5-mph. Various warning lights came on, including the tcs and engine lights. All warning lights remained on without flashing. Once I got to a safe place I shut the car down and within one minute restarted it with no sign of a problem. I drove over 100-miles today and nervously had to passe someone, but without problem.

- Longmeadow, MA, USA