2015 Mazda CX-5 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mazda CX-5:

2015 Mazda CX-5 Owner Comments

Mar 202015

Leaving an above-ground parking garage, the city brake assist feature engaged twice, without warning. The car came to a sudden and complete stop and the wheels locked up. There were no cars or other obstacles in the vicinity that would have caused the city brake assist feature to engage. When the feature engaged, the car was going about 5 mph, on a slight downhill (the decline was simply from the parking garage), and it occurred during a straightaway section of the garage (e.g., not while going around a bend).

- Los Angeles , CA, USA

Feb 212015

CX-5 4-cyl

I just purchased this vehicle in September 2014. While I was driving on interstate 15 at approximately 70mph all a sudden I had no more power I could not accelerate, when I pushed the gas pedal nothing would happen. I pulled over to the side of the road and stopped put it in park and put it back in drive and it went. So I continued on my trip however, about 50 minutes into my trip now on interstate 215 that same thing happened this time when I pulled over just putting it I park and back in drive it didn't work I had to turn the vehicle off start it and then it worked. I had to turn around and cancel the trip as I didn't want to be stranded. I'm not sure if its the transmission or what.

- Oceanside , CA, USA

Jan 162015

The contact owns a 2015 Mazda Cx-5. while driving at approximately 65 mph, the vehicle's speed suddenly decreased to 40 mph without any warning. The failure recurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 12,000.

- Murietta, CA, USA

Nov 122014

CX-5 4-cyl

Our vehicle is equipped with the "smart city braking" feature that automatically prevents collisions at low speed. This system triggers the brakes and brings the vehicle to a stop when an object is detected in front of the vehicle. This system has been triggered by steam clouds coming out of sewer grates and has brought the car to a complete and very unexpected stop several times. No real "object" was behind the steam cloud / yet because of the way the system is implemented it detected an object and activated the brakes. This unexpected braking can quickly bring the car to a complete stop and could result in serious property damage or injury. We pass by an area with multiple sewage grates releasing steam and this system is becoming a safety hazard. We have been lucky enough not to have someone behind us when the system is triggered - but it is only a matter of time before the braking triggers in heavy traffic.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA