7.7

2015 Mazda CX-5 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mazda CX-5:

2015 Mazda CX-5 Owner Comments

Jul 222016

CX-5

While driving the lane change radar warning system indicates a vehicle when there is none. For example I can be in the right lane on a multi lane highway and the light on the side mirror will illuminate indicating a vehicle in my blind spot when there is none. It is sporadic and mostly does this on the drivers side but has also done this on the passenger side

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jul 272016

CX-5

An interior panel (console cover) adjacent to gas pedal has come off while the car was on the road, once to my wife and once to me. It interfered with the driver's ability to lift the foot off of the gas pedal. I complained to the dealer that it appears that the panel was designed to have 3 spring clips to retain it, but the panel only had one. (my Mazda CX5 has several clips on a similar part). The dealer simply snapped it back in place after the first occurrence. After the second occurrence I suggested that it was missing a retaining clip. The dealer ordered and installed a new panel. It came off while I was on the highway, once again interfering with my ability to lift my foot from the accelerator pedal. I observed that the new panel has only one retaining clip, just like the original. I consider this to be a serious design flaw posing a significant hazard, especially to an inexperienced driver.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Oct 012015

CX-5

I bought this car new in May. Within the first month, the car wouldn't start I bought the car in to the dealer and they replaced the batteries on the fobs. Last week, I noticed the driver's side window trim front and back doors was melting. I called the dealer, bought it in and they took pics, said they would contact Mazda rep and sent me home. On Saturday, I drove to a store approx. 10 miles away and when leaving for home, my car wouldn't start again. I finally got it started after multiple tries. While driving home I noticed the blind spot monitoring on the drivers side was flashing and there were no cars next to me. I left the car parked for the rest of the weekend but on Sunday noticed the melted spots were worse. I contacted the dealer on Monday and brought it in. They are saying something on our house or around it is causing the melting, however, my wife parks her 2015 Honda CR-V next to mine and there is no melting happening to her car. All the other vehicles owned and parked in the same driveway for the past 15 years do not have this issue. I also submitted this info to mazdausa.com but have not heard back.

- Albany, NY, USA

Apr 182014

CX-5 4-cyl

Driver side view mirror will vibrate while driving and hard to see the objects properly in the mirror. They had the same issue on 2013-2014 vehicles. When I contact Mazda dealers, they say there is no fix for that and getting away without trying to fix it. Clearly it is a safety issue.

- Mansfield, MA, USA