3.3

2007 Mazda CX-9 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mazda CX-9:

2007 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Oct 262016

CX-9

Takata recall -- I have checked to have the new air bag on my passenger side and was told that there is no replacement available. And they did not know when a replacement would be available. So I am driving a lethal weapon with no recourse. In the meantime, our government has required VW to buy back vehicles. Why is the government not making similar requirements on cars that are killing people"?"

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Aug 012016

CX-9

Takata recall - my car is part of the airbag recall that states it make cause serious injury or death but Mazda is not fixing the problem. I received a recall notice and I contacted Mazda, they stated there isn't any parts to fix it as of yet. I feel that is is very unsafe for my family and I to travel. There has to be another solution.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jul 292016

CX-9 6-cyl

Takata recall: Got letter stating no one should ride in front passenger seat until repair done. Yet repair may not be done for 10-15 years!!!!!!! I called russell Mazda in catonsville, md & they concurred. This is ridiculous: I have five people needing to be in the car: How can we not use the front seat for 10-15 years?

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Nov 042012

CX-9 6-cyl

On the afternoon of November 4th, 2012 while operating my Mazda at approximately 20 mph, smoke started coming from the steering wheel. I pulled to the side of the road and came to a complete stop. Fearful for what was causing the smoke, I exited the vehicle. As I closed the door, the driver's airbag deployed. Two minutes later, the horn sounded for about a minute and then shut off. Smoke continued to billow inside the vehicle for approximately 20 minutes. I had the vehicle towed to the local Mazda dealership. Their service department thinks that I had a faulty clockspring. They are replacing the clockspring, air bag module and air bag. I purchased the vehicle new from Mazda in 2007. It has never been involved in an accident.

- Scotts Valley, CA, USA