2008 Mazda CX-9 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mazda CX-9:

2008 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Jun 062016

I had to replace my tires because of the ball joints and causing my wheel to come off. My breaks sounds horrible even after I had them serviced if it rains really bad I get this cranking noise I have a weird sound to my vehicle right now coming from the front of the vehicle again and not sure what's the problem. I'm afraid to drive the vehicle to fast because I have children what's going on with this vehicle

- Coatesville, PA, USA

Jan 262016

I was making a left turn on a parking lot when I heard a loud crunch coming from the front of the vehicle and fully lost control of the car. When I came outside to see what happened I saw that ball joint on my front left (driver side) broke, the wheel with part of the axel fully out, and that break fluid was spoiled all over. Imagine this happening on the fighter when I was driving with two of my young kids!!

- Livingston, NJ, USA

Sep 012015

Defect in transfer case.

- East Williston, NY, USA

Aug 292015

A very frightening incident occurred Saturday August 29, 2015 approx 6:45 P.M. after a round trip travel on the highway for approx 80 miles. I drove just over a mile off the highway exit, came to a stop sign light then proceeded with a right turn. Suddenly without any previous warning the car made a jerking/skidding type movement, something seemed to drop out of the front end and the car came abruptly to a stop. Several people pulled over to see if I and my one month old granddaughter were ok as I was at a very busy intersection. A bystander told me that the drivers front tire was facing out to the left of the vehicle and there was considerable damage under the car as well. It is my understanding that the ball joint separated, the shaft or axle may have broken, and there may be other severe damage as there was also oil on the road. My tire was as mentioned. It is also noted that I am unable to completely open my drivers door door now possibly due to body misalignment now. I have pictures of any visible damage to the car. I am appalled after researching this problem that Mazda will be conducting a recall in September but has yet to send out notices to customers. In fact a second notice will eventually come out when parts are available. Had I not just come off the highway my car would have definitely flipped over and my granddaughter and I would have been killed. This is 1000% unacceptable. I want action now. I don't know what the extent of damage is to the car, nor do I want the car repaired, instead I want Mazda to replace it! not only I have experienced much anxiety from this I am also incurring tow charges, storage charges and rental car charges. I was advised to have an independent mechanic look at the vehicle before sending to Mazda but that would entail another tow charge and mechanic fee. None of which I can afford. Mazda must take immediate action.

- North Easton, MA, USA