2009 Mazda CX-9 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mazda CX-9:

2009 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Jan 012016

I have maintained my 2009 Mazda CX9 to date and only have 48,000 miles. I started hearing a weird noise in the front wheel (humming) it got progressively worse. Now my mechanic tells me that the differential is going. This has to be a manufacturers defect due to the low mileage and the upkeep of this vehicle. Assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. In addition, I've looked online and see that other owners are experiencing the same issue.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Dec 012013

When I bought the car I noted with the dealership that the front, wheels where squealing and skirting as you turn the corner at low speed, they seem to wear quickly as well since I've owned the vehicle (2012) and have had them replaced twice and realigned, also the following year after purchasing the car, when it snowed frequently, the ABS light stayed on constantly and seemed to feel really gritty while pumping the breaks in the snow, causing the car not to break even at low speeds, there is a rattling every once in a while that became associated after the ABS light came on, which is on to this day along with the tcs light, the transfer case failed and almost caused a terrible accident in 2014 as it began to whine and eventually locked up on me as I drove to work, the mechanic replaced both front wheel bearings thinking that it was also a problem but when I towed it back to them he confirmed that it was the transfer case, he repaired it this year but Mazda says its leaking again and it smells like oil. My car only has a little over 80K miles and I've researched complaints on the transfer case and many people seem to have the same problem, this is very dangerous and needs to be addressed asap. These three issues may be related to each other if someone really took the time to investigate. No way a car should have concerns like this consistently under 80K miles. I work only 18 minutes from my job and do not travel that much to wear this vehicle.

- Beltsville, MD, USA