2010 Mazda CX-9 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda CX-9:

2010 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Oct 112012

CX-9 6-cyl

I was driving on a street with a 25 mph speed limit when all of a sudden the car hesitated and made some weird noises. I continued to pull over to get out of the way when there was a huge bang and the car came to an sudden stop. I was able to get to the side of the road. Smoke was coming out of the engine area and the car smelled terrible. I jumped out, got my dog out and called 911. The fire department and police came. Found metal parts all over the road. Smoke was mainly due to oil that was all over the engine and bottom of car. Right now the initial diagnosis is that the transfer casing blew along with a variety of other parts. Thank goodness I was not on the freeway. Additionally, I was lucky that the large parts that blew off the car did not put a hole in the bottom of my car or damage someone else's car.

- Oconomowoc, WI, USA